Modelling the redistributive impact of indirect taxes in Europe: an application of EUROMOD
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cathal O'Donoghue & Massimo Baldini, 2004. "Modelling the Redistributive Impact of Indirect Taxes in Europe: An Application of EUROMOD," Working Papers 0077, National University of Ireland Galway, Department of Economics, revised 2004.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rosanna Scutella, 1999. "The Final Incidence of Australian Indirect Taxes," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 32(4), pages 349-368.
- Palme, Marten, 1996.
"Income distribution effects of the Swedish 1991 tax reform: An analysis of a microsimulation using generalized Kakwani decomposition,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 419-443, August.
- Palme, Mårten, 1994. "Income Distribution Effects of the Swedish 1991 Tax Reform: An Analysis of a Microsimulation Using Generalized Kakwani Decomposition," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 5, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Newbery, David M, 1995. "The Distributional Impact of Price Changes in Hungary and the United Kingdom," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(431), pages 847-863, July.
- Andrá Decoster & Guy Van Camp, 2001. "Redistributive effects of the shift from personal income taxes to indirect taxes: Belgium 1988-93," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 22(1), pages 79-106, March.
- Tsakloglou, Panos & Mitrakos, Theodore, 1998. "On the Distributional Impact of Excise Duties: Evidence from Greece," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 53(1), pages 78-101.
- Aronson, J Richard & Johnson, Paul & Lambert, Peter J, 1994. "Redistributive Effects and Unequal Income Tax Treatment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 262-270, March.
- Kaplanoglou, Georgia & Newbery, David Michael, 2003.
"Indirect Taxation in Greece: Evaluation and Possible Reform,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 10(5), pages 511-533, September.
- Georgia Kaplanoglou & David Michael Newbery, 2002. "Indirect Taxation in Greece: Evaluation and Possible Reform," CESifo Working Paper Series 661, CESifo Group Munich.
- Adam Wagstaff & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2001. "What Makes the Personal Income Tax Progressive? A Comparative Analysis for Fifteen OECD Countries," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 8(3), pages 299-316, May.
- Sutherland, Holly, 2001. "EUROMOD: an integrated European benefit-tax model: final report," EUROMOD Working Papers EM9/01, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Sah, Raaj Kumar, 1983. "How much redistribution is possible through commodity taxes?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 89-101, February.
- Paolo Liberati, 2001. "The Distributional Effects of Indirect Tax Changes in Italy," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 8(1), pages 27-51, January.
- Nicholas Stern, 1990. "Uniformity Versus Selectivity In Indirect Taxation," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(1), pages 83-108, March.
- David Madden, 1995. "An analysis of indirect tax reform in Ireland in the 1980s," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 16(1), pages 18-37, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesca Gastaldi & Paolo Liberati & Elena Pisano & Simone Tedeschi, 2014. "Progressivity-Improving VAT Reforms in Italy," Working papers 6, Società Italiana di Economia Pubblica.
- Herwig Immervoll & Horacio Levy & José Ricardo Nogueira & Cathal O´Donoghue & Rozane Bezerra de Siqueira, 2005.
"The Impact of Brazil´s Tax-Benefit System on Inequality and Poverty,"
Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers
117, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Immervoll, Herwig & Levy, Horacio & Nogueira, José Ricardo & O'Donoghue, Cathal & Siqueira, Rozane Bezerra de, 2006. "The Impact of Brazil's Tax-Benefit System on Inequality and Poverty," IZA Discussion Papers 2114, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Goñi, Edwin & Humberto López, J. & Servén, Luis, 2011.
"Fiscal Redistribution and Income Inequality in Latin America,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1558-1569, September.
- Goni, Edwin & Lopez, J. Humberto & Serven, Luis, 2008. "Fiscal redistribution and income inequality in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4487, The World Bank.
- Nico Pestel & Eric Sommer, 2013.
"Shifting Taxes from Labor to Consumption: Efficient, but Regressive?,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
624, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Pestel, Nico & Sommer, Eric, 2013. "Shifting Taxes from Labor to Consumption: Efficient, but Regressive?," IZA Discussion Papers 7804, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lars-H. R. Siemers, 2014.
"A General Microsimulation Model for the EU VAT with a specific Application to Germany,"
International Journal of Microsimulation,
International Microsimulation Association, vol. 7(2), pages 40-93.
- Lars-H. R. Siemers, 2014. "A General Microsimulation Model for the EU VAT with a specific Application to Germany," Volkswirtschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 167-14, Universität Siegen, Fakultät Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Wirtschaftsinformatik und Wirtschaftsrecht.
- Lars-H. R. Siemers, 2014. "A General Microsimulation Model for the EU VAT with a specific Application to Germany," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201445, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- repec:bla:revinw:v:63:y:2017:i:3:p:542-563 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas, Alastair, 2015. "The Distributional Effects of Consumption Taxes in New Zealand," Working Paper Series 4668, Victoria University of Wellington, Chair in Public Finance.
- Arsić, Milojko & Altiparmakov, Nikola, 2013. "Equity aspects of VAT in emerging European countries: A case study of Serbia," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 171-186.
- Cathal O'Donoghue & John Lennon & Stephen Hynes, 2009.
"The Life-Cycle Income Analysis Model (LIAM): a study of a flexible dynamic microsimulation modelling computing framework,"
International Journal of Microsimulation,
International Microsimulation Association, vol. 2(1), pages 16-31.
- Cathal O’Donoghue & John Lennon & Stephen Hynes, 2009. "The Life-Cycle Income Analysis Model (LIAM): A Study of a Flexible Dynamic Microsimulation Modelling Computing Framework," CeRP Working Papers 85, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- repec:ijm:journl:v10:y:2017:i:1:p:39-72 is not listed on IDEAS
- K. Van Cauter & L. Van Meensel, 2006. "The redistributive character of taxes and social security contributions," Economic Review, National Bank of Belgium, issue i, pages 65-82, June.
- repec:ijm:journl:v10:y:2017:i:1:p:5-38 is not listed on IDEAS
- André Decoster & Jason Loughrey & Cathal O'Donoghue & Dirk Verwerft, 2011. "Microsimulation of indirect taxes," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 4(2), pages 41-56.
- Rozane Bezerra de Siqueira & José Ricardo Nogueira & Cathal O'Donoghue, 2003. "Simulating Brazil Tax-Benefit System Using Brahms, the Brazilian Household Microsimulation Model," Anais do XXXI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 31th Brazilian Economics Meeting] b50, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Nico Pestel & Eric Sommer, 2017.
"Shifting Taxes from Labor to Consumption: More Employment and more Inequality?,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 63(3), pages 542-563, September.
- Pestel, Nico & Sommer, Eric, 2015. "Shifting taxes from labor to consumption: More employment and more inequality," ZEW Discussion Papers 15-042, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Sokolovska, Olena & Sokolovskyi, Dmytro, 2015. "VAT efficiency in the countries worldwide," MPRA Paper 66422, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- IonuÈ›-Constantin Cuceu, 2016. "The Distributional Effects of Value Added Tax," Ovidius University Annals, Economic Sciences Series, Ovidius University of Constantza, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 0(2), pages 450-454, February.
More about this item
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ese:emodwp:em7-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jonathan Nears). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rcessuk.html .