Two Dimensions of Combating Over-Indebtedness: Consumer protection and financial stability
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giovanni D’Alessio & Stefano Iezzi, 2013.
"Household over-indebtedness - Definition and measurement with Italian data,"
IFC Bulletins chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Proceedings of the Sixth IFC Conference on "Statistical issues and activities in a changing environment", Basel, 28-29 August 2012., volume 36, pages 496-517,
Bank for International Settlements.
- Giovanni D'Alessio & Stefano Iezzi, 2013. "Household over-indebtedness: definition and measurement with Italian data," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 149, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Adele Atkinson & Flore-Anne Messy, 2012. "Measuring Financial Literacy: Results of the OECD / International Network on Financial Education (INFE) Pilot Study," OECD Working Papers on Finance, Insurance and Private Pensions 15, OECD Publishing.
- Ozlem Akin & José Montalvo & Jaume García Villar & José-Luis Peydró & Josep Raya, 2014.
"The real estate and credit bubble: evidence from Spain,"
SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 223-243, August.
- Ozlem Akin & José Garcia Montalvo & Jaume Garcia Villar & José-Luis Peydró & Josep M. Raya, 2014. "The real estate and credit bubble: Evidence from Spain," Economics Working Papers 1430, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Ozlem Akin & José García-Montalvo & Jaume Garcia-Villar & José-Luis Peydró & Josep M. Raya, 2014. "The Real Estate and Credit Bubble: Evidence from Spain," Working Papers 772, Barcelona School of Economics.
- Bernanke, Ben S, 1983.
"Nonmonetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in Propagation of the Great Depression,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 257-276, June.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1983. "Non-Monetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in the Propagation of the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 1054, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Piotr Banbula & Arkadiusz Kotula & Joanna Gabriela Przeworska & Pawel Strzelecki, 2016. "Which households are really financially distressed: how micro data could inform the macroprudential policy," IFC Bulletins chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Combining micro and macro data for financial stability analysis, volume 41, Bank for International Settlements.
- Rinaldi, Laura & Sanchis-Arellano, Alicia, 2006. "Household debt sustainability: what explains household non-performing loans? An empirical analysis," Working Paper Series 570, European Central Bank.
- Jessica Schicks, 2010. "Microfinance Over-Indebtedness: Understanding its drivers and challenging the common myths," Working Papers CEB 10-048, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bouyon, Sylvain, 2014. "A Review of Policy Options for Monitoring Household Saving," ECRI Papers 9754, Centre for European Policy Studies.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dwini Handayani & Ummu Salamah & Restananda Nabilla Yusacc, 2016. "Indebtedness and Subjective Financial Wellbeing of Households in Indonesia," Economics and Finance in Indonesia, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia, vol. 62, pages 78-87, August.
- Barbara Cavalletti & Corrado Lagazio & Elena Lagomarsino & Daniela Vandone, 2020. "Consumer Debt and Financial Fragility: Evidence from Italy," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 43(4), pages 747-765, December.
- Barbara CAVALLETTI & Corrado LAGAZIO & Daniela VANDONE & Elena LAGOMARSINO, 2014. "Consumer debt and financial fragility in Italy," Departmental Working Papers 2014-08, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Chichaibelu, Bezawit Beyene & Waibel, Hermann, 2018. "Over-indebtedness and its persistence in rural households in Thailand and Vietnam," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 1-23.
- Grzegorz Wałęga & Agnieszka Wałęga, 2021. "Over-indebted Households in Poland: Classification Tree Analysis," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 153(2), pages 561-584, January.
- Chichaibelu, Bezawit Beyene & Waibel, Hermann, 2017. "Explaining differences in rural household debt between Thailand and Vietnam: Economic environment versus household characteristics," TVSEP Working Papers wp-002, Leibniz Universitaet Hannover, Institute of Development and Agricultural Economics, Project TVSEP.
- Chichaibelu, Bezawit Beyene & Waibel, Hermann, 2017. "Borrowing from “Pui” to Pay “Pom”: Multiple Borrowing and Over-Indebtedness in Rural Thailand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 338-350.
- Walter Cuba, 2020. "Does Leverage Predict Delinquency in Consumer Lending? Evidence from Peru," IHEID Working Papers 05-2020, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Jessica Schicks, 2013.
"The Sacrifices of Micro-Borrowers in Ghana -- A Customer-Protection Perspective on Measuring Over-Indebtedness,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(9), pages 1238-1255, September.
- Jessica Schicks, 2012. "The sacrifices of microborrowers in Ghana – A customer-protection perspective on measuring over-indebtedness," Working Papers CEB 12-008, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kim, Young Il & Kim, Hyoung Chan & Yoo, Joo Hee, 2016. "Household Over-indebtedness and Financial Vulnerability in Korea: Evidence from Credit Bureau Data," KDI Journal of Economic Policy, Korea Development Institute (KDI), vol. 38(3), pages 53-77.
- Valentina Aprigliano & Danilo Liberati, 2021.
"Using Credit Variables to Date Business Cycle and to Estimate the Probabilities of Recession in Real Time,"
Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 89(S1), pages 76-96, September.
- Valentina Aprigliano & Danilo Liberati, 2019. "Using credit variables to date business cycle and to estimate the probabilities of recession in real time," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1229, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Alessandra Canepa & Fawaz Khaled, 2018. "Housing, Housing Finance and Credit Risk," IJFS, MDPI, vol. 6(2), pages 1-23, May.
- Daniel Albalate & Germà Bel & Ferran A. Mazaira-Font, 2020. "Ensuring Stability, Accuracy and Meaningfulness in Synthetic Control Methods: The Regularized SHAP-Distance Method," IREA Working Papers 202005, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Apr 2020.
- Bordo, Michael D & Choudhri, Ehsan U & Schwartz, Anna J, 1995.
"Could Stable Money Have Averted the Great Contraction?,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(3), pages 484-505, July.
- Michael D. Bordo & Ehsan U. Choudhri & Anna J. Schwartz, 1993. "Could Stable Money Have Averted The Great Contraction?," NBER Working Papers 4481, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Duygan-Bump, Burcu & Levkov, Alexey & Montoriol-Garriga, Judit, 2015.
"Financing constraints and unemployment: Evidence from the Great Recession,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 89-105.
- Burcu Duygan-Bump & Alexey Levkov & Judit Montoriol-Garriga, 2010. "Financing constraints and unemployment: evidence from the Great Recession," Supervisory Research and Analysis Working Papers QAU10-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Burcu Duygan-Bump & Alexey Leykov & Judit Montoriol-Garriga, 2014. "Financing Constraints and Unemployment: Evidence from the Great Recession," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-92, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Raffestin, Louis, 2014. "Diversification and systemic risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 85-106.
- Chan, Yue-Cheong & Saffar, Walid & Wei, K.C. John, 2021. "How economic policy uncertainty affects the cost of raising equity capital: Evidence from seasoned equity offerings," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 53(C).
- Froyen, Richard T & Waud, Roger N, 1988. "Real Business Cycles and the Lucas Paradigm," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(2), pages 183-201, April.
- Lin, Chien-An & Bates, Timothy C., 2022. "Smart people know how the economy works: Cognitive ability, economic knowledge and financial literacy," Intelligence, Elsevier, vol. 93(C).
- Montalvo, José G. & Piolatto, Amedeo & Raya, Josep, 2020.
"Transaction-tax evasion in the housing market,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(C).
- José Garcia Montalvo & Amedeo Piolatto & Josep M. Raya, 2019. "Transaction-tax evasion in the housing market," Economics Working Papers 1645, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- José G. Montalvo & Amedeo Piolatto & Josep Raya, 2019. "Transaction-tax evasion in the housing market," Working Papers 2019/03, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- José García-Montalvo & Amedeo Piolatto & Josep M. Raya, 2019. "Transaction-tax Evasion in the Housing Market," Working Papers 1080, Barcelona School of Economics.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eps:ecriwp:11930. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cepssbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Margarita Minkova (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cepssbe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.