Household over-indebtedness: definition and measurement with Italian data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Giovanni D’Alessio & Stefano Iezzi, 2013. "Household over-indebtedness - Definition and measurement with Italian data," IFC Bulletins chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Proceedings of the Sixth IFC Conference on "Statistical issues and activities in a changing environment", Basel, 28-29 August 2012., volume 36, pages 496-517 Bank for International Settlements.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gianni Betti & Neil Dourmashkin & Mariacristina Rossi & Ya Ping Yin, 2007. "Consumer over-indebtedness in the EU: measurement and characteristics," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(2), pages 136-156, May.
- DeVaney, Sharon A. & Lytton, Ruth H., 1995. "Household insolvency: A review of household debt repayment, delinquency, and bankruptcy," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 137-156.
- Andrea Brandolini & Silvia Magri & Timothy M. Smeeding, 2010.
"Asset-based measurement of poverty,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(2), pages 267-284.
- Silvia Magri & Timothy Smeeding & Andrea Brandolini, 2010. "Asset-Based Measurement of Poverty," LWS Working papers 10, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Andrea Brandolini & Silvia Magri & Timothy M. Smeeding, 2010. "Asset-based measurement of poverty," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 755, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Lusardi, Annamaria & Tufano, Peter, 2015.
"Debt literacy, financial experiences, and overindebtedness,"
Journal of Pension Economics and Finance,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(04), pages 332-368, October.
- Annamaria Lusardi & Peter Tufano, 2009. "Debt Literacy, Financial Experiences, and Overindebtedness," CeRP Working Papers 83, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Lusardi, Annamaria & Tufano, Peter, 2009. "Debt literacy, financial experiences, and overindebtedness," CFS Working Paper Series 2009/08, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Annamaria Lusardi & Peter Tufano, 2009. "Debt Literacy, Financial Experiences, and Overindebtedness," NBER Working Papers 14808, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrea Neri & Roberta Zizza, 2010. "Income reporting behaviour in sample surveys," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 777, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Bucks, Brian & Pence, Karen, 2008. "Do borrowers know their mortgage terms?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 218-233, September.
- Lee Cronbach, 1951. "Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 16(3), pages 297-334, September.
- Sarah Bridges & Richard Disney, 2004. "Use of credit and arrears on debt among low-income families in the United Kingdom," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 25(1), pages 1-25, March.
- Giovanni D'Alessio & Ivan Faiella, 2002. "Non-response behaviour in the Bank of Italyï¿½s Survey of Household Income and Wealth," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 462, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Luisa ANDERLONI & Daniela VANDONE, 2010. "Risk of over-indebtedness and behavioural factors," Departmental Working Papers 2010-25, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Silvia Magri & Raffaella Pico & Cristiana Rampazzi, 2011. "Which households use consumer credit in Europe?," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 100, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philip Du Caju & François Rycx & Ilan Tojerow, 2015.
"Unemployment Risk and Over-indebtedness A Micro-econometric Perspective,"
Working Papers CEB
15-046, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Philip Du Caju & François Rycx & Ilan Tojerow, 2016. "Unemployment risk and over-indebtedness : A micro-econometric perspective," Working Paper Research 294, National Bank of Belgium.
- François Rycx & Philip Du Caju & Ilan Tojerow, 2016. "Unemployment Risk and Over-indebtedness. A Micro-econometric Perspective," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/245844, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Du Caju, Philip & Rycx, Francois & Tojerow, Ilan, 2015. "Unemployment Risk and Over-Indebtedness: A Micro-Econometric Perspective," IZA Discussion Papers 9572, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:kap:empiri:v:45:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s10663-017-9378-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tullio Jappelli & Immacolata Marino & Mario Padula, 2014.
"Households' Saving and Debt in Italy,"
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2-3, pages 175-202.
- Jappelli, Tullio & Padula, Mario, 2007. "Households' saving and debt in Italy," CFS Working Paper Series 2007/30, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Tullio Jappelli & Immacolata Marino & Mario Padula, 2015. "Households' Saving and Debt in Italy," CSEF Working Papers 395, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Tullio Jappelli & Mario Padula, 2007. "Households’ Saving and Debt in Italy," CSEF Working Papers 183, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- repec:eee:asieco:v:56:y:2018:i:c:p:1-23 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barbara CAVALLETTI & Corrado LAGAZIO & Daniela VANDONE & Elena LAGOMARSINO, 2014. "Consumer debt and financial fragility in Italy," Departmental Working Papers 2014-08, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Du Caju, Philip & Rycx, François & Tojerow, Ilan, 2016. "Unemployment risk and over-indebtedness," Working Paper Series 1908, European Central Bank.
- repec:eee:jimfin:v:85:y:2018:i:c:p:236-250 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dilla, Diana, 2017.
"Staatsverschuldung und Verschuldungsmentalität
[Public Debt and Debt Mentality]," MPRA Paper 79432, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ashley Dunstan & Hayden Skilling, 2015. "Commercial property and financial stability," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 78, pages 1-10, March.
- Giovanni D'Alessio & Stefano Iezzi, 2016. "Over-indebtedness in Italy: how widespread and persistent is it?," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 319, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:98:y:2017:i:c:p:338-350 is not listed on IDEAS
- Piotr Banbula & Arkadiusz Kotula & Joanna Gabriela Przeworska & Pawel Strzelecki, 2016. "Which households are really financially distressed: how micro data could inform the macroprudential policy," IFC Bulletins chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Combining micro and macro data for financial stability analysis, volume 41 Bank for International Settlements.
- Chichaibelu, Bezawit Beyene & Waibel, Hermann, 2017. "Explaining differences in rural household debt between Thailand and Vietnam: Economic environment versus household characteristics," TVSEP Working Papers wp-002, Leibniz Universitaet Hannover, Institute of Development and Agricultural Economics, Project TVSEP.
- International Monetary Fund, 2016. "Asean-5 Cluster Report; Evolution of Monetary Policy Frameworks," IMF Staff Country Reports 16/176, International Monetary Fund.
- Chichaibelu, Bezawit & Waibel, Hermann, 2015. "The Interrelated Dynamics of Multiple Borrowing and Over-indebtedness among Rural Households in Thailand and Vietnam," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211463, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Katarzyna Bankowska & Pierre Lamarche & Guillaume Osier & Sébastien Pérez-Duarte, 2015. "Measuring household debt vulnerability in the euro area," IFC Bulletins chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Indicators to support monetary and financial stability analysis: data sources and statistical methodologies, volume 39 Bank for International Settlements.
- Fernando Borraz & Nicolás González Pampillón, 2015. "Financial Risk of Uruguayan Households," Documentos de trabajo 2015007, Banco Central del Uruguay.
- Bouyon, Sylvain & Musmeci, Roberto, 2016. "Two Dimensions of Combating Over-Indebtedness: Consumer protection and financial stability," ECRI Papers 11930, Centre for European Policy Studies.
More about this item
Keywordshousehold debts; over-indebtedness; poverty;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-16 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdi:opques:qef_149_13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdigvit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.