On the Nature of a Cooperative: A System of Attributes Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hendrikse, George W. J. & Veerman, Cees P., 2001. "Marketing cooperatives and financial structure: a transaction costs economics analysis," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 26(3), pages 205-216, December.
- Galdeano-Gomez, Emilio & Cespedes-Lorente, Jose & Rodriguez, Manuel Rodriguez, 2005. "Productivity and Quality-Environmental Changes in Marketing Co-operatives: An Analysis on the Horticultural Sector," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24698, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hendrikse, G.W.J. & Smit, R., 2007. "On the Evolution of Product Portfolio Coherence of Cooperatives versus Corporations: An Agent-Based Analysis of the Single Origin Constraint," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2007-055-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Brickley, James A, 1999. "Incentive Conflicts and Contractual Restraints: Evidence from Franchising," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(2), pages 745-774, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Borgen, Svein Ole, 2011. "Product differentiation and cooperative governance," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 327-333, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Feng, Li & Hendrikse, George W.J., 2008. "On the Nature of a Cooperative: A System of Attributes Perspective," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44398, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Evans, Lewis & Meade, Richard, 2005. "The Role and Significance of Cooperatives in New Zealand Agriculture, A Comparative Institutional Analysis," Working Paper Series 3847, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Dildar Hussain & Marijana Sreckovic & Josef Windsperger, 2018. "An organizational capability perspective on multi-unit franchising," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 717-727, April.
- Fadairo, Muriel & Yu, Jianyu & Lanchimba, Cintya, 2017.
"The Choice of Exclusive Dealing: Economic Rationales and Evidence from French Retail Chains,"
Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 93(3), pages 317-335.
- Muriel Fadairo & Jianyu Yu & Cintya Lanchimba, 2017. "The Choice of Exclusive Dealing: Economic Rationales and Evidence from French Retail Chains," Post-Print halshs-01524163, HAL.
- Arturs Kalnins, 2004. "An Empirical Analysis of Territorial Encroachment Within Franchised and Company-Owned Branded Chains," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(4), pages 476-489, September.
- Muriel Fadairo & Cyntia Lanchimba & Miguel Yangari, 2016. "Optimal Monetary Provisions and Risk Aversion in Plural Form Franchise Network. A Model of Incentives with Heterogeneous Agents," Working Papers 1602, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Giorgio Zanarone, 2009. "Vertical Restraints and the Law: Evidence from Automobile Franchising," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(4), pages 691-700, November.
- Dunning, John H. & Pak, Yong Suhk & Beldona, Sam, 2007. "Foreign ownership strategies of UK and US international franchisors: An exploratory application of Dunning's envelope paradigm," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 531-548, October.
- Lyne, Michael C. & Collins, Ray, 2008. "South Africa’s new Cooperatives Act: A missed opportunity for small farmers and land reform beneficiaries," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 47(2), pages 1-18, June.
- Muriel Fadairo & Cintya Lanchimba Lopez, 2012. "Performance in distribution systems : What is the influence of the upstream firm’s organizational choices ?," Working Papers 1224, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Freiwald, Nisa E. & Juranek, Steffen & Walz, Uwe, 2020.
"On the economic geography of dual distribution — The case of McDonald’s in Germany,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 191(C).
- Freiwald, Nisa E. & Juranek, Steffen & Walz, Uwe, 2019. "On the economic geography of dual distribution - The case of McDonald’s in Germany," Discussion Papers 2019/14, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Buckley, Peter J. & Craig, Thomas D. & Mudambi, Ram, 2019. "Time to learn? Assignment duration in global value chain organization," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 508-518.
- H. S. R. Rosairo & M. Esham, 2021. "Pitfalls of External Institutional Facilitation of Farmer Organizations: Insights from Farmer Companies in Sri Lanka," Millennial Asia, , vol. 12(3), pages 367-389, December.
- Agata Malak-Rawlikowska & Monika Gębska & Robert Hoste & Christine Leeb & Claudio Montanari & Michael Wallace & Kees de Roest, 2021. "Developing a Methodology for Aggregated Assessment of the Economic Sustainability of Pig Farms," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(6), pages 1-25, March.
- Chlebicka, Aleksandra & Fałkowski, Jan & Łopaciuk-Gonczaryk, Beata, 2014. "Grupy Producentów Rolnych A Kapitał Społeczny – Potencjalne Zależności," Village and Agriculture (Wieś i Rolnictwo), Polish Academy of Sciences (IRWiR PAN), Institute of Rural and Agricultural Development, vol. 3(164).
- Luis Vázquez, 2008. "Complementarities between franchise contract duration and multi-unit propensity in franchise systems," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(8), pages 1093-1105, October.
- Brickley, James A. & Linck, James S. & Smith, Clifford Jr., 2003. "Boundaries of the firm: evidence from the banking industry," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 351-383, December.
- Dnes, Antony & Garoupa, Nuno, 2005. "Externality and organizational choice in franchising," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 139-149.
- Guerra, Alexandre & Moita, Rodrigo, 2011. "Entradas e Bandeiras: A Estratégia de Interiorização das Cadeias de Fast Food no Brasil," Insper Working Papers wpe_247, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Shen, Mingrui & Shen, Jianfa, 2018. "Evaluating the cooperative and family farm programs in China: A rural governance perspective," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 240-250.
More about this item
Keywordscooperative; extension of the farm; governance; vertical integration;
All these keywords.
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- M - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-03-08 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-HPE-2008-03-08 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:eureri:10886. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/erimanl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: RePub (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/erimanl.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.