Weak Convergence of Hedging Strategies of Contingent Claims
This paper presents results on the convergence for hedging strategies in the setting of incomplete financial markets. We examine the convergence of the so-called locally risk-minimizing strategy. It is proved that such a choice for the trading strategy, when perfect hedging of contingent claims is infeasible, is robust under weak convergence. Several fundamental examples, such as trinomial trees and stochastic volatility models, extracted from the financial modeling literature illustrate this property for both deterministic and random time intervals shrinking to zero.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 33, boulevard du port - 95011 Cergy-Pontoise Cedex|
Phone: 33 1 34 25 60 63
Fax: 33 1 34 25 62 33
Web page: http://thema.u-cergy.fr
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:crs:wpaper:9961 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Heath & Eckhard Platen & Martin Schweizer, 2001. "A Comparison of Two Quadratic Approaches to Hedging in Incomplete Markets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(4), pages 385-413.
- O. Scaillet & J.-L. Prigent & J.-P. Lesne, 2000.
"Convergence of discrete time option pricing models under stochastic interest rates,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 81-93.
- Jean-Philippe Lesne & Jean-Luc Prigent & Olivier Scaillet, 1998. "Convergence of Discrete Time Option Pricing Models Under Stochastic Interest Rates," Working Papers 98-51, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Jean -Luc Prigent & Olivier Renault & Olivier Scaillet, 1999. "An Autoregressive Conditional Binomial Option Pricing Model," Working Papers 99-65, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Olivier Renault & Jean-Luc Prigent & Olivier Scaillet, 2000. "An Autoregressive Conditional Binomial Option Pricing Model," FMG Discussion Papers dp364, Financial Markets Group.
- Prigent, Jean-Luc & Renault, Olivier & Scaillet, Olivier, 2004. "Option pricing with discrete rebalancing," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 133-161, January.
- Prigent, J.-L. & Renault, O. & Scaillet, O., 1999. "Option Pricing with Discrete Rebalancing," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1999029, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 00 Oct 1999.
- Jean -Luc Prigent & Olivier Renault & Olivier Scaillet, 1999. "Option Pricing with Discrete Rebalancing," Working Papers 99-61, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- J.L. Prigent & O. Renault & O. Scaillet., 1999. "Option pricing with discrete rebalancing," THEMA Working Papers 99-41, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Jean-Luc PRIGENT & Olivier RENAULT & Olivier SCAILLET, 2002. "Option Pricing with Discrete Rebalancing," FAME Research Paper Series rp55, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
- Schweizer, Martin, 1992. "Martingale densities for general asset prices," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 363-378.
- Duffie, Darrell & Lando, David, 2001. "Term Structures of Credit Spreads with Incomplete Accounting Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(3), pages 633-664, May.
- Runggaldier, Wolfgang J. & Martin Schweizer, 1995. "Convergence of Option Values under Incompleteness," Discussion Paper Serie B 333, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Schweizer, Martin, 1991. "Option hedging for semimartingales," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 339-363, April. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ema:worpap:2000-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefania Marcassa)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.