Measuring business dynamics among incumbent firms in The Netherlands
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mickey Folkeringa & Andre Van Stel & Kashifa Suddle & Sita Tan, 2011. "Measuring business dynamics among incumbent firms in The Netherlands," International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 12(2), pages 185-206.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stonebraker, Robert J, 1979. "Turnover and Mobility among the 100 Largest Firms: An Update," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 968-973, December.
- Baldwin, John R. & Raffiquzzaman, Mohammed, 1995. "Restructuring in the Canadian Manufacturing Sector from 1970 to 1990: Industry and Regional Dimensions of Job Turnover," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1995078e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Dunne, Timothy & Roberts, Mark J & Samuelson, Larry, 1989.
"Plant Turnover and Gross Employment Flows in the U.S. Manufacturing Sector,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(1), pages 48-71, January.
- Dunne, T. & Roberts, M.J. & Samuelson L., 1988. "Plant Turnover And Gross Employment Flows In The U.S. Manufacturing Sector," Papers 9-87-7, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Baldwin,John R. & Gorecki,Paul, 1998. "The Dynamics of Industrial Competition," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521633574, January.
- Adriaan Van Stel & David Storey, 2004.
"The Link between Firm Births and Job Creation: Is there a Upas Tree Effect?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(8), pages 893-909.
- Adriaan J. van Stel & David J. Storey, 2004. "The link between firm births and job creation: Is there a Upas Tree effect?," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-33, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Michael Fritsch, 2008. "How does new business formation affect regional development? Introduction to the special issue," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Michael Fritsch & Pamela Mueller, 2004. "The Effects of New Business Formation on Regional Development over Time," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-36, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- M. Ruth & K. Donaghy & P. Kirshen, 2006. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Regional Climate Change and Variability, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Michael Fritsch & Pamela Mueller, 2004. "Effects of New Business Formation on Regional Development over Time," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(8), pages 961-975.
- André Stel & Kashifa Suddle, 2008.
"The impact of new firm formation on regional development in the Netherlands,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 31-47, January.
- André van Stel & Kashifa Suddle, 2005. "The Impact of New Firm Formation on Regional Development in the Netherlands," Scales Research Reports H200503, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- van Stel, A.J. & Suddle, K., 2005. "The Impact of New Firm Formation on Regional Development in the Netherlands," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2005-075-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- André van Stel & Kashifa Suddle, 2006. "The Impact of New Firm Formation on Regional Development in the Netherlands," Scales Research Reports H200604, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Richard Ericson & Ariel Pakes, 1995. "Markov-Perfect Industry Dynamics: A Framework for Empirical Work," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(1), pages 53-82.
- Mercedes Teruel-Carrizosa, 2010. "Gibrat’s law and the learning process," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 355-373, May.
- Uwe Cantner & Jens J. Krüger, 2004.
"Geroski's Stylized Facts and Mobility of Large German Manufacturing Firms,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 24(3), pages 267-283, May.
- Uwe Cantner, Jens J. Krüger, 2002. "Geroski's Stylized Facts and Mobility in Large German Manufacturing Firms," Working Paper Series B 2002-03, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultïät.
- Baldwin, John R & Gorecki, Paul K, 1994. "Concentration and Mobility Statistics in Canada's Manufacturing Sector," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 93-103, March.
- P. Geroski, 1998.
"An Applied Econometrician's View of Large Company Performance,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 13(3), pages 271-294, June.
- Geroski, Paul A, 1998. "An Applied Econometrician's View of Large Company Performance," CEPR Discussion Papers 1862, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard E. Caves, 1998. "Industrial Organization and New Findings on the Turnover and Mobility of Firms," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(4), pages 1947-1982, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sierdjan Koster & AndrÃ¨ van Stel & Mickey Folkeringa, 2011. "Start-up intensity, competition and regional economic development," ERSA conference papers ersa10p556, European Regional Science Association.
- Sierdjan Koster & André Stel, 2014. "The relationship between start-ups, market mobility and employment growth: An empirical analysis for Dutch regions," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(1), pages 203-217, March.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2008-11-04 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2008-11-04 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CSE-2008-11-04 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EEC-2008-11-04 (European Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2008-11-04 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-TID-2008-11-04 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eim:papers:h200816. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster EIM). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eimbpnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.