The London Stock Exchange 1869-1929: new bloody statistics for old?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Coyle, Christopher & Turner, John D., 2013. "Law, Politics, and Financial Development: The Great Reversal of the U.K. Corporate Debt Market," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 73(03), pages 810-846, September.
- Annaert, Jan & Buelens, Frans & Cuyvers, Ludo & De Ceuster, Marc & Deloof, Marc & De Schepper, Ann, 2011. "Are blue chip stock market indices good proxies for all-shares market indices? The case of the Brussels Stock Exchange 1833–2005," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 277-308, December.
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9780226301532 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michie, Ranald, 2001. "The London Stock Exchange: A History," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199242559.
- Rajan, Raghuram G. & Zingales, Luigi, 2003. "The great reversals: the politics of financial development in the twentieth century," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 5-50, July.
- Richard S. Grossman & Ronan C. Lyons & Kevin Hjortshøj O'rourke & Madalina A. Ursu, 2014. "A monthly stock exchange index for Ireland, 1864–1930," European Review of Economic History, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(3), pages 248-276.
More about this item
KeywordsLondon Stock Exchange; provincial exchanges; junior market; Investor's Monthly Manual; securities; equities; Walter Bagehot;
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- N23 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N24 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: 1913-
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:wpaper:82404. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager on behalf of EH Dept.). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/chlseuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.