Portfolio optimisation beyond semimartingales: shadowprices and fractional Brownian motion
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Erhan Bayraktar & Hasanjan Sayit, 2010. "On the stickiness property," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(10), pages 1109-1112.
- Cvitanic, Jaksa & Wang, Hui, 2001. "On optimal terminal wealth under transaction costs," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 223-231, April.
- Luciano Campi & Walter Schachermayer, 2006. "A super-replication theorem in Kabanov’s model of transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 579-596, December.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1967. "The Variation of Some Other Speculative Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40, pages 393-393.
- He, Hua & Pearson, Neil D., 1991.
"Consumption and portfolio policies with incomplete markets and short-sale constraints: The infinite dimensional case,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 259-304, August.
- Hua He and Neil D. Pearson., 1989. "Consumption and Portfolio Policies with Incomplete Markets and Short-Sale Constraints: The Finite Dimensional Case," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-189, University of California at Berkeley.
- Hua He and Neil D. Pearson., 1989. "Consumption and Portfolio Policies with Incomplete Markets and Short-Sale Constraints: The Infinite Dimensional Case," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-191, University of California at Berkeley.
- Jakša Cvitanić & Ioannis Karatzas, 1996. "Hedging And Portfolio Optimization Under Transaction Costs: A Martingale Approach12," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 133-165, April.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7701 is not listed on IDEAS
- Attila Herczegh & Vilmos Prokaj & Mikl'os R'asonyi, 2013. "Diversity and no arbitrage," Papers 1301.4173, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2014.
- Griselda Deelstra & Huyên Pham & Nizar Touzi, 2001. "Dual formulation of the utility maximisation problem under transaction costs," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7596, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- repec:spr:compst:v:73:y:2011:i:2:p:251-262 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5455 is not listed on IDEAS
- M. H. A. Davis & A. R. Norman, 1990. "Portfolio Selection with Transaction Costs," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 15(4), pages 676-713, November.
- Paolo Guasoni & Mikl'os R'asonyi & Walter Schachermayer, 2008. "Consistent price systems and face-lifting pricing under transaction costs," Papers 0803.4416, arXiv.org.
- Giuseppe Benedetti & Luciano Campi & Jan Kallsen & Johannes Muhle-Karbe, 2011. "On the Existence of Shadow Prices," Papers 1111.6633, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2013.
- L. C. G. Rogers, 1997. "Arbitrage with Fractional Brownian Motion," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 95-105, January.
- Giuseppe Benedetti & Luciano Campi & Jan Kallsen & Johannes Muhle-Karbe, 2013. "On the existence of shadow prices," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 801-818, October.
- Michael Taksar & Michael J. Klass & David Assaf, 1988. "A Diffusion Model for Optimal Portfolio Selection in the Presence of Brokerage Fees," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 13(2), pages 277-294, May.
- Freddy Delbaen & Peter Grandits & Thorsten Rheinländer & Dominick Samperi & Martin Schweizer & Christophe Stricker, 2002. "Exponential Hedging and Entropic Penalties," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 99-123, April.
- Jan Kallsen & Johannes Muhle-Karbe, 2011. "Existence of shadow prices in finite probability spaces," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 73(2), pages 251-262, April.
- Hua He & Neil D. Pearson, 1991. "Consumption and Portfolio Policies With Incomplete Markets and Short‐Sale Constraints: the Finite‐Dimensional Case1," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(3), pages 1-10, July.
- Kardaras, Constantinos & Platen, Eckhard, 2011.
"On the semimartingale property of discounted asset-price processes,"
Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 121(11), pages 2678-2691, November.
- Constantinos Kardaras & Eckhard Platen, 2008. "On the semimartingale property of discounted asset-price processes," Papers 0803.1890, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2009.
- Walter Schachermayer, 2013. "Admissible Trading Strategies under Transaction Costs," Papers 1308.1492, arXiv.org, revised May 2014.
- Giuseppe Benedetti & Luciano Campi, 2011. "Multivariate utility maximization with proportional transaction costs and random endowment," Working Papers hal-00586377, HAL.
- Luciano Campi & Mark Owen, 2011. "Multivariate utility maximization with proportional transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 461-499, September.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/2318 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard Rouge & Nicole El Karoui, 2000. "Pricing Via Utility Maximization and Entropy," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 259-276, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dániel Ágoston Bálint & Martin Schweizer, 2019. "Properly Discounted Asset Prices Are Semimartingales," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 19-53, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Huy N. Chau & Miklós Rásonyi, 2019. "Robust utility maximisation in markets with transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 677-696, July.
- Christoph Belak & Jörn Sass, 2019. "Finite-horizon optimal investment with transaction costs: construction of the optimal strategies," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 861-888, October.
More about this item
Keywordsportfolio choice; non-semimartingale price processes; fractional Brownian motion; proportional transaction costs; utilities on the whole real line; exponential utility; shadow price; convex duality; stickiness; optimal trading strategies;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-UPT-2019-06-10 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:67689. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.