On the semimartingale property of discounted asset-price processes
A financial market model where agents trade using realistic combinations of simple (i.e., finite combinations of buy-and-hold) no-short-sales strategies is considered. Minimal assumptions are made on the discounted asset-price process â in particular, the semimartingale property is not assumed. Via a natural market viability assumption, namely, absence of arbitrage of the first kind, we establish that discounted asset-prices have to be semimartingales. Our main result can also be regarded as reminiscent of the Fundamental Theorem of Asset Pricing.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 121 (2011)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dirk Becherer, 2001. "The numeraire portfolio for unbounded semimartingales," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 327-341.
- Tahir Choulli & Christophe Stricker & Jia Li, 2007. "Minimal Hellinger martingale measures of order q," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 399-427, July.
- Robert Fernholz & Ioannis Karatzas & Constantinos Kardaras, 2005. "Diversity and relative arbitrage in equity markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Hasanjan Sayit, 2010.
"No arbitrage conditions for simple trading strategies,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 147-156, January.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Hasanjan Sayit, 2008. "No Arbitrage Conditions For Simple Trading Strategies," Papers 0801.4047, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2009.
- Ioannis Karatzas & Constantinos Kardaras, 2007. "The numéraire portfolio in semimartingale financial models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 447-493, October.
- Constantinos Kardaras, 2010. "Numéraire-invariant preferences in financial modeling," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 44993, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Eckhard Platen, 2006. "A Benchmark Approach To Finance," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 131-151.
- Eckhard Platen, 2004. "A Benchmark Approach to Finance," Research Paper Series 138, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Föllmer, Hans & Kramkov, D. O., 1997. "Optional decompositions under constraints," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1997,31, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Eckhard Platen, 2001. "Arbitrage in Continuous Complete Markets," Research Paper Series 72, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Kasper Larsen & Gordan Žitković, 2008. "On the semimartingale property via bounded logarithmic utility," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 255-268, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)