Weak and strong no-arbitrage conditions for continuous financial markets
We propose a unified analysis of a whole spectrum of no-arbitrage conditions for financial market models based on continuous semimartingales. In particular, we focus on no-arbitrage conditions weaker than the classical notions of No Arbitrage and No Free Lunch with Vanishing Risk. We provide a complete characterisation of the considered no-arbitrage conditions, linking their validity to the characteristics of the discounted asset price process and to the existence and the properties of (weak) martingale deflators, and review classical as well as recent results.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eckhard Platen, 2006.
"A Benchmark Approach To Finance,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 131-151.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1981. "Martingales and stochastic integrals in the theory of continuous trading," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 215-260, August.
- Gianluca Cassese, 2005. "A Note On Asset Bubbles In Continuous-Time," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(04), pages 523-536.
- Rheinländer, Thorsten & Schweizer, Martin, 1997. "On L2-projections on a space of stochastic integrals," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1997,25, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Freddy Delbaen & Walter Schachermayer, 1998. "A Simple Counterexample to Several Problems in the Theory of Asset Pricing," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 1-11.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Jarrow, Robert & Protter, Philip, 2005. "Large traders, hidden arbitrage, and complete markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 2803-2820, November.
- Eckhard Platen, 2001. "Arbitrage in Continuous Complete Markets," Research Paper Series 72, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Dirk Becherer, 2001. "The numeraire portfolio for unbounded semimartingales," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 327-341.
- Eva Strasser, 2005. "Characterization of arbitrage-free markets," Papers math/0503473, arXiv.org.
- Tahir Choulli & Jun Deng & Junfeng Ma, 2012. "How Non-Arbitrage, Viability and Num\'eraire Portfolio are Related," Papers 1211.4598, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2014.
- Cheng, Susan T., 1991. "On the feasibility of arbitrage-based option pricing when stochastic bond price processes are involved," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 185-198, February.
- Mark Loewenstein & Gregory A. Willard, 2000. "Local martingales, arbitrage, and viability," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 135-161.
- Dzhaparidze, Kacha & Spreij, Peter, 1993. "On correlation calculus for multivariate martingales," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 283-299, June.
- Schweizer, Martin, 1992. "Martingale densities for general asset prices," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 363-378.
- Hardy Hulley & Martin Schweizer, 2010. "M6 - On Minimal Market Models and Minimal Martingale Measures," Research Paper Series 280, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Christian Gourieroux & Jean Paul Laurent & Huy�n Pham, 1998.
"Mean-Variance Hedging and Numéraire,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 179-200.
- Eckhard Platen, 2009. "A Benchmark Approach to Investing and Pricing," Research Paper Series 253, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1302.7192. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.