M6 - On Minimal Market Models and Minimal Martingale Measures
The well-known absence-of-arbitrage condition NFLVR from the fundamental theorem of asset pricing splits into two conditions, called NA and NUPBR. We give a literature overview of several equivalent reformulations of NUPBR; these include existence of a growth-optimal portfolio, existence of the numeraire portfolio, and for continuous asset prices the structure condition (SC). As a consequence, the minimal market model of E. Platen is seen to be directly linked to the minimal martingale measure. We then show that reciprocals of stochastic exponentials of continuous local martingales are time changes of a squared Bessel process of dimension 4. This directly gives a very specific probabilistic structure for minimal market models.
|Date of creation:||01 Jun 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +61 2 9514 7777
Fax: +61 2 9514 7711
Web page: http://www.qfrc.uts.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amendinger, Jürgen & Imkeller, Peter & Schweizer, Martin, 1998. "Additional logarithmic utility of an insider," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 263-286, July.
- Amendinger, Jürgen & Imkeller, Peter & Schweizer, Martin, 1998. "Additional logarithmic utility of an insider," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,25, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Michel Chatelain & Christophe Stricker, 1994. "ON COMPONENTWISE and VECTOR STOCHASTIC INTEGRATION," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(1), pages 57-65.
- Eva Strasser, 2005. "Characterization of arbitrage-free markets," Papers math/0503473, arXiv.org.
- Dirk Becherer, 2001. "The numeraire portfolio for unbounded semimartingales," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 327-341.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:rpaper:280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.