Multivariate utility maximization with proportional transaction costs and random endowment
In this paper we deal with a utility maximization problem at finite horizon on a continuous-time market with conical (and time varying) constraints (particularly suited to model a currency market with proportional transaction costs). In particular, we extend the results in Campi and Owen (2011) to the situation where the agent is initially endowed with a random and possibly unbounded quantity of assets. We start by studying some basic properties of the value function (which is now defined on a space of random variables), then we dualize the problem following some convex analysis techniques which have proven very useful in this field of research. We finally prove the existence of a solution to the dual and (under an additional boundedness assumption on the endowment) to the primal problem. The last section of the paper is devoted to an application of our results to utility indifference pricing.
|Date of creation:||15 Apr 2011|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00586377|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paolo Guasoni & Emmanuel Lépinette & Miklós Rásonyi, 2012. "The fundamental theorem of asset pricing under transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 741-777, October.
- Y.M. Kabanov, 1999. "Hedging and liquidation under transaction costs in currency markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 237-248.
- Elyés Jouini & Moncef Meddeb & Nizar Touzi, 2004.
"Vector-valued coherent risk measures,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 531-552, November.
- Elyès Jouini & Moncef Meddeb & Nizar Touzi, 2004. "Vector-valued Coherent Risk Measures," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00167154, HAL.
- (**), Hui Wang & Jaksa Cvitanic & (*), Walter Schachermayer, 2001. "Utility maximization in incomplete markets with random endowment," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 259-272.
- Jouini Elyes & Kallal Hedi, 1995. "Martingales and Arbitrage in Securities Markets with Transaction Costs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 178-197, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00586377. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.