Set-valued average value at risk and its computation
New versions of the set-valued average value at risk for multivariate risks are introduced by generalizing the well-known certainty equivalent representation to the set-valued case. The first "regulator" version is independent from any market model whereas the second version, called the market extension, takes trading opportunities into account. Essential properties of both versions are proven and an algorithmic approach is provided which admits to compute the values of both version over finite probability spaces. Several examples illustrate various features of the theoretical constructions.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2012|
|Date of revision:||Jan 2013|
|Publication status:||Published in Mathematics and Financial Economics 7 (2), 229-246, (2013)|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://arxiv.org/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zachary Feinstein & Birgit Rudloff, 2012. "Time consistency of dynamic risk measures in markets with transaction costs," Papers 1201.1483, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2012.
- Ivar Ekeland & Alfred Galichon & Marc Henry, 2012.
"Comonotonic measures of multivariate risks,"
Sciences Po publications
info:hdl:2441/5rkqqmvrn4t, Sciences Po.
- Henry, Marc & Galichon, Alfred & Ekeland, Ivar, 2012. "Comonotonic Measures of Multivariate Risks," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2278, Paris Dauphine University.
- Alfred Galichon & Ivar Ekeland & Marc Henry, 2009. "Comonotonic measures of multivariates risks," Working Papers hal-00401828, HAL.
- Touzi, Nizar & Meddeb, Moncef & Jouini, Elyès, 2004. "Vector-valued Coherent Risk Measures," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/353, Paris Dauphine University.
- Elyés Jouini & Moncef Meddeb & Nizar Touzi, 2004.
"Vector-valued coherent risk measures,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 531-552, November.
- Elyès Jouini & Moncef Meddeb & Nizar Touzi, 2004. "Vector-valued Coherent Risk Measures," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00167154, HAL.
- Acerbi, Carlo & Tasche, Dirk, 2002.
"On the coherence of expected shortfall,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1487-1503, July.
- Y.M. Kabanov, 1999. "Hedging and liquidation under transaction costs in currency markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 237-248.
- Burgert, Christian & Ruschendorf, Ludger, 2006. "Consistent risk measures for portfolio vectors," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 289-297, April.
- Stefan Jaschke & Uwe Küchler, 2001. "Coherent risk measures and good-deal bounds," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 181-200.
- Rüschendorf Ludger, 2006. "Law invariant convex risk measures for portfolio vectors," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 24(1/2006), pages 12, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1202.5702. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.