Multiportfolio time consistency for set-valued convex and coherent risk measures
Equivalent characterizations of multiportfolio time consistency are deduced for closed convex and coherent set-valued risk measures on $L^p(\Omega,\mathcal F, P; R^d)$ with image space in the power set of $L^p(\Omega,\mathcal F_t,P;R^d)$. In the convex case, multiportfolio time consistency is equivalent to a cocycle condition on the sum of minimal penalty functions. In the coherent case, multiportfolio time consistency is equivalent to a generalized version of stability of the dual variables. As examples, the set-valued entropic risk measure with constant risk aversion coefficient is shown to satisfy the cocycle condition for its minimal penalty functions, the set of superhedging portfolios in markets with proportional transaction costs is shown to have the stability property and in markets with convex transaction costs is shown to satisfy the composed cocycle condition, and a multiportfolio time consistent version of the set-valued average value at risk, the composed AV@R, is given and its dual representation deduced.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2012|
|Date of revision:||Oct 2014|
|Publication status:||Published in Finance and Stochastics 19 (1), 67-107 (2015)|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://arxiv.org/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Riedel, Frank, 2004.
"Dynamic coherent risk measures,"
Stochastic Processes and their Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 185-200, August.
- Frank Riedel, 2003. "Dynamic Coherent Risk Measures," Working Papers 03004, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Andrzej Ruszczynski & Alexander Shapiro, 2004. "Conditional Risk Mappings," Risk and Insurance 0404002, EconWPA, revised 08 Oct 2005.
- Frittelli, Marco & Rosazza Gianin, Emanuela, 2002. "Putting order in risk measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1473-1486, July.
- Yuri Kabanov, 2009. "Markets with Transaction Costs. Mathematical Theory," Post-Print hal-00488168, HAL.
- Kai Detlefsen & Giacomo Scandolo, 2005. "Conditional and dynamic convex risk measures," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 539-561, October.
- Andrzej Ruszczyński & Alexander Shapiro, 2006. "Conditional Risk Mappings," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 31(3), pages 544-561, August.
- Jocelyne Bion-Nadal, 2008. "Dynamic risk measures: Time consistency and risk measures from BMO martingales," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 219-244, April.
- Y.M. Kabanov, 1999. "Hedging and liquidation under transaction costs in currency markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 237-248.
- Cheridito, Patrick & Stadje, Mitja, 2009. "Time-inconsistency of VaR and time-consistent alternatives," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 40-46, March.
- Kai Detlefsen & Giacomo Scandolo, 2005. "Conditional and Dynamic Convex Risk Measures," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-006, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13268 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath & Hyejin Ku, 2007. "Coherent multiperiod risk adjusted values and Bellman’s principle," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 152(1), pages 5-22, July.
- Hans Föllmer & Alexander Schied, 2002. "Convex measures of risk and trading constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 429-447. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1212.5563. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.