Multiportfolio time consistency for set-valued convex and coherent risk measures
Equivalent characterizations of multiportfolio time consistency are deduced for closed convex and coherent set-valued risk measures on $L^p(\Omega,\mathcal F, P; R^d)$ with image space in the power set of $L^p(\Omega,\mathcal F_t,P;R^d)$. In the convex case, multiportfolio time consistency is equivalent to a cocycle condition on the sum of minimal penalty functions. In the coherent case, multiportfolio time consistency is equivalent to a generalized version of stability of the dual variables. As examples, the set-valued entropic risk measure with constant risk aversion coefficient is shown to satisfy the cocycle condition for its minimal penalty functions, the set of superhedging portfolios in markets with proportional transaction costs is shown to have the stability property and in markets with convex transaction costs is shown to satisfy the composed cocycle condition, and a multiportfolio time consistent version of the set-valued average value at risk, the composed AV@R, is given and its dual representation deduced.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2012|
|Date of revision:||Oct 2014|
|Publication status:||Published in Finance and Stochastics 19 (1), 67-107 (2015)|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://arxiv.org/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrzej Ruszczynski & Alexander Shapiro, 2004. "Conditional Risk Mappings," Risk and Insurance 0404002, EconWPA, revised 08 Oct 2005.
- Imen Ben Tahar & Emmanuel Lépinette, 2014. "Vector-Valued Coherent Risk Measure Processes," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 17(02), pages 1-28.
- Kai Detlefsen & Giacomo Scandolo, 2005. "Conditional and Dynamic Convex Risk Measures," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-006, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Yuri Kabanov, 2009. "Markets with Transaction Costs. Mathematical Theory," Post-Print hal-00488168, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13268 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Y.M. Kabanov, 1999. "Hedging and liquidation under transaction costs in currency markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 237-248.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath & Hyejin Ku, 2007. "Coherent multiperiod risk adjusted values and Bellman’s principle," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 152(1), pages 5-22, July.
- Frittelli, Marco & Rosazza Gianin, Emanuela, 2002. "Putting order in risk measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1473-1486, July.
- Jocelyne Bion-Nadal, 2008. "Dynamic risk measures: Time consistency and risk measures from BMO martingales," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 219-244, April.
- Cheridito, Patrick & Stadje, Mitja, 2009. "Time-inconsistency of VaR and time-consistent alternatives," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 40-46, March.
- Riedel, Frank, 2004.
"Dynamic coherent risk measures,"
Stochastic Processes and their Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 185-200, August.
- Hans Föllmer & Alexander Schied, 2002. "Convex measures of risk and trading constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 429-447.
- Patrick Cheridito & Michael Kupper, 2011. "Composition Of Time-Consistent Dynamic Monetary Risk Measures In Discrete Time," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 14(01), pages 137-162.
- Kai Detlefsen & Giacomo Scandolo, 2005. "Conditional and dynamic convex risk measures," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 539-561, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1212.5563. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.