Multivariate Risks And Depth-Trimmed Regions
We describe a general framework for measuring risks, where the risk measure takes values in an abstract cone. It is shown that this approach naturally includes the classical risk measures and set-valued risk measures and yields a natural definition of vector-valued risk measures. Several main constructions of risk measures are described in this axiomatic framework. It is shown that the concept of depth-trimmed (or central) regions from the multivariate statistics is closely related to the definition of risk measures. In particular, the halfspace trimming corresponds to the Value-at-Risk, while the zonoid trimming yields the expected shortfall. In the abstract framework, it is shown how to establish a both-ways correspondence between risk measures and depth-trimmed regions. It is also demonstrated how the lattice structure of the space of risk values influences this relationship.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://portal.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/dpto_estadistica
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Y.M. Kabanov, 1999. "Hedging and liquidation under transaction costs in currency markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 237-248.
- Bauerle, Nicole & Muller, Alfred, 2006. "Stochastic orders and risk measures: Consistency and bounds," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 132-148, February.
- Acerbi, Carlo, 2002. "Spectral measures of risk: A coherent representation of subjective risk aversion," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1505-1518, July.
- Embrechts, Paul & Puccetti, Giovanni, 2006. "Bounds for functions of multivariate risks," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 526-547, February.
- K. Mosler, 2003. "Central regions and dependency," Econometrics 0309004, EconWPA.
- Hans Föllmer & Alexander Schied, 2002. "Convex measures of risk and trading constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 429-447.
- Cascos, Ignacio & López-Díaz, Miguel, 2005. "Integral trimmed regions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 404-424, October.
- Burgert, Christian & Ruschendorf, Ludger, 2006. "Consistent risk measures for portfolio vectors," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 289-297, April.
- Elyés Jouini & Moncef Meddeb & Nizar Touzi, 2004.
"Vector-valued coherent risk measures,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 531-552, November.
- Elyès Jouini & Moncef Meddeb & Nizar Touzi, 2004. "Vector-valued Coherent Risk Measures," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00167154, HAL.
- Touzi, Nizar & Meddeb, Moncef & Jouini, Elyès, 2004. "Vector-valued Coherent Risk Measures," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/353, Paris Dauphine University.
- Robert Jarrow, 2002. "Put Option Premiums and Coherent Risk Measures," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 135-142.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:wsrepe:ws063815. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.