The expected convex hull trimmed regions of a sample
Given a data set in the multivariate Euclidean space, we study regions of central points built by averaging all their subsets with a fixed number of elements. The averaging of these sets is performed by appropriately scaling the Minkowski or elementwise summation of their convex hulls. The volume of such central regions is proposed as a multivariate scatter estimate and a circular sequence algorithm to compute the central regions of a bivariate data set is described.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://portal.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/dpto_estadistica|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cascos, Ignacio & López-Díaz, Miguel, 2005. "Integral trimmed regions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 404-424, October.
- Ruts, Ida & Rousseeuw, Peter J., 1996. "Computing depth contours of bivariate point clouds," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 153-168, November.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/353 is not listed on IDEAS
- Molchanov, Ilya & Cascos, Ignacio, 2006. "Multivariate risks and depth-trimmed regions," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws063815, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Masse, J. C. & Theodorescu, R., 1994. "Halfplane Trimming for Bivariate Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 188-202, February.
- K. Mosler, 2003. "Central regions and dependency," Econometrics 0309004, EconWPA.
- Elyés Jouini & Moncef Meddeb & Nizar Touzi, 2004.
"Vector-valued coherent risk measures,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 531-552, November.
- Elyès Jouini & Moncef Meddeb & Nizar Touzi, 2004. "Vector-valued Coherent Risk Measures," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00167154, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:wsrepe:ws066919. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Poveda)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.