Do private equity owned firms have better management practices?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nicholas Bloom & Raffaella Sadun & John Van Reenen, 2015. "Do Private Equity Owned Firms Have Better Management Practices?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(5), pages 442-446, May.
- Nick Bloom & Raffaella Sadun & John Van Reenen, 2009. "Do Private Equity Owned Firms Have Better Management Practices?," CEP Occasional Papers 24, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
References listed on IDEAS
- Philippe Aghion & Nick Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2005.
"Competition and Innovation: an Inverted-U Relationship,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 120(2), pages 701-728.
- Philippe Aghion & Nicholas Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2002. "Competition and Innovation: An Inverted U Relationship," NBER Working Papers 9269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Howitt, Peter & Griffith, Rachel & Aghion, Philippe & Blundell, Richard & Bloom, Nick, 2005. "Competition and Innovation: An Inverted-U Relationship," Scholarly Articles 4481507, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Philippe Aghion & Nicolas Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2002. "Competition and innovation: an inverted U relationship," IFS Working Papers W02/04, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Steven Davis & John Haltiwanger & Ron Jarmin & Josh Lerner & Javier Miranda, 2008. "Private Equity and Employment," Working Papers 08-07r, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau, revised Oct 2011.
- Nick Bloom & Carol Propper & Stephan Seiler & John Van Reenen, 2010. "Management practices in the NHS," CentrePiece - The Magazine for Economic Performance 305, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Bernstein, Shai & Sheen, Albert, 2014. "The Operational Consequences of Private Equity Buyouts: Evidence from the Restaurant Industry," Research Papers 3008, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr., 1978. "On the Size Distribution of Business Firms," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 508-523, Autumn.
- Muscarella, Chris J & Vetsuypens, Michael R, 1990. " Efficiency and Organizational Structure: A Study of Reverse LBOs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(5), pages 1389-1413, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shai Bernstein & Josh Lerner & Morten Sørensen & Per Strömberg, 2010. "Private Equity and Industry Performance," Harvard Business School Working Papers 10-045, Harvard Business School.
- Arqué-Castells, Pere, 2012. "How venture capitalists spur invention in Spain: Evidence from patent trajectories," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 897-912.
- Albert N. Link & Christopher J. Ruhm & Donald S. Siegel, 2014.
"Private Equity and the Innovation Strategies of Entrepreneurial Firms: Empirical Evidence from the Small Business Innovation Research Program,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 35(2), pages 103-113, March.
- Albert N. Link & Christopher J. Ruhm & Donald S. Siegel, 2012. "Private Equity and the Innovation Strategies of Entrepreneurial Firms: Empirical Evidence from the Small Business Innovation Research Program," NBER Working Papers 18297, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Link, Albert N. & Ruhm, Christopher J. & Siegel, Donald S., 2012. "Private Equity and the Innovation Strategies of Entrepreneurial Firms: Empirical Evidence from the Small Business Innovation Research Program," UNCG Economics Working Papers 12-9, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
- Tykvová, Tereza & Borell, Mariela, 2012.
"Do private equity owners increase risk of financial distress and bankruptcy?,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 138-150.
- Tykvová, Tereza & Borell, Mariela, 2011. "Do private equity owners increase risk of financial distress and bankruptcy?," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-076, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Tåg, Joacim, 2010. "The Real Effects of Private Equity Buyouts," Working Paper Series 851, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Schertler, Andrea & Tykvová, Tereza, 2012. "What lures cross-border venture capital inflows?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1777-1799.
- repec:spr:jbecon:v:88:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s11573-017-0874-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shahid Yusuf, 2012. "From Technological Catch-up to Innovation : The Future of China’s GDP Growth," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12781, The World Bank.
- Thorsten Beck & Samuel Munzele Maimbo & Issa Faye & Thouraya Triki, 2011. "Financing Africa : Through the Crisis and Beyond," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2355, January.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:87:y:2018:i:c:p:333-350 is not listed on IDEAS
- Melusi Mpofu & Mabutho Sibanda, 2015. "Private Equity Capital in a Less Developed Economy: Evidence, Issues and Perspectives," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 11(5), pages 17-29, October.
- Luiz Egydio Malamud Rossi & Roy Martelanc, 2013. "An analysis of the management practices of Brazilian private equity firms and their impact on company performance," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 151-172, April.
More about this item
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EFF-2010-02-13 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:25482. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .