Income mobility : a robust approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Zandvakili, Sourushe, 1990. "Generalized entropy measures of mobility for different sexes and income levels," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1-2), pages 121-133.
- John Bound & Charles Brown & Greg J. Duncan & Willard L. Rodgers, 1989. "Measurement Error In Cross-Sectional and Longitudinal Labor Market Surveys: Results From Two Validation Studies," NBER Working Papers 2884, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cowell, Frank A & Victoria-Feser, Maria-Pia, 1996. "Robustness Properties of Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(1), pages 77-101, January.
- Frank A. Cowell, 1985. "Measures of Distributional Change: An Axiomatic Approach," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(1), pages 135-151.
- Cowell, Frank A., 1980. "Generalized entropy and the measurement of distributional change," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 147-159, January.
- Shorrocks, Anthony, 1978. "Income inequality and income mobility," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 376-393, December.
- King, Mervyn A, 1983. "An Index of Inequality: With Applications to Horizontal Equity and Social Mobility," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(1), pages 99-115, January.
- Fields, Gary S. & Ok, Efe A., 1997. "A Subgroup Decomposable Measure of Relative Income Mobility," Working Papers 97-04, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Zandvakili, Sourushe, 1986. "A class of generalized measures of mobility with applications," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 97-102.
- Geweke, John & Marshall, Robert C & Zarkin, Gary A, 1986. "Mobility Indices in Continuous Time Markov Chains," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(6), pages 1407-1423, November.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luis Ayala & Mercedes Sastre, 2008. "The structure of income mobility: empirical evidence from five UE countries," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 451-473, November.
- Hofer, Helmut & Weber, Andrea, 2002. "Wage mobility in Austria 1986-1996," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 563-577, September.
- Luis Ayala & Mercedes Sastre, 2004.
"Europe vs. the United States: is there a trade-off between mobility and inequality?,"
Journal of Income Distribution,
Journal of Income Distribution, vol. 13(1-2), pages 4-4, March-Jun.
- Ayala, L. & Sastre, M., 2002. "Europe vs. The United States: Is There a Trade-Off Between Mobility and Inequality?," European Economy Group Working Papers 19, European Economy Group.
- Sastre, Mercedes & Ayala, Luis, 2002. "Europe vs. the United States: is there a trade-off between mobility and inequality?," ISER Working Paper Series 2002-26, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Christian Schluter, 1999. "Income Mobility in Germany, the United States, and the United Kingdom," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 68(2), pages 270-274.
- Andrea Weber, 2002.
"State dependence and wage dynamics: a heterogeneous Markov chain model for wage mobility in Austria,"
10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002
D2-2, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Weber, Andrea, 2002. "State Dependence and Wage Dynamics: A Heterogeneous Markov Chain Model for Wage Mobility in Austria," Economics Series 114, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Lukiyanova, Anna & Oshchepkov, Aleksey, 2012. "Income mobility in Russia (2000–2005)," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 46-64.
More about this item
KeywordsMobility measures; robustness; data contamination;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:2210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .