An Empirical Glimpse on MSEs Four MENA Countries
The Economic Research Forum (ERF) produced a one-off survey of micro & small private enterprises (MSE) in a number of Middle East and North African countries (MENA). It contains sufficient information to fit a production function and additional information about the owner’s education type; the scope of the market; and the type of technology. Further, it provides information about perceived constraints to production. We test the effect of these factors on technical progress. We believe that empirical research of policy issues can help promote the making of ‘evidence-based policies’ in the MENA countries.
|Date of creation:||09 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avenue de Beaulieu, 1160 Brussels|
Phone: +322 299 3523
Fax: +322 299 3523
Web page: http://www.eeri.eu/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
- Joachim Wagner, 2005.
"Exports, Foreign Direct Investment, and Productivity: Evidence from German Firm Level Data,"
- Joachim Wagner, 2006. "Exports, foreign direct investment, and productivity: evidence from German firm level data," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(6), pages 347-349.
- Wagner, Joachim, 2005. "Exports, foreign direct investment, and productivity: Evidence from German firm level data," HWWA Discussion Papers 318, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Joachim Wagner, 2005. "Exports, foreign direct investment, and productivity: Evidence from German firm level data," Working Paper Series in Economics 8, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Weshah Razzak, "undated". "Self Selection Versus Learning-By-Exporting Four Arab Economies," API-Working Paper Series 0804, Arab Planning Institute - Kuwait, Information Center.
- Anderson, Gordon, 1996. "Nonparametric Tests of Stochastic Dominance in Income Distributions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1183-1193, September.
- International Monetary Fund, 2004. "Financial Sector Development in the Middle East and North Africa," IMF Working Papers 04/201, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eei:rpaper:eeri_rp_2009_30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia van Hove)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.