An Empirical Glimpse on MSEs Four MENA Countries
The Economic Research Forum (ERF) produced a one-off survey of micro & small private enterprises (MSE) in a number of Middle East and North African countries (MENA). It contains sufficient information to fit a production function and additional information about the owner’s education type; the scope of the market; and the type of technology. Further, it provides information about perceived constraints to production. We test the effect of these factors on technical progress. We believe that empirical research of policy issues can help promote the making of ‘evidence-based policies’ in the MENA countries.
|Date of creation:||09 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avenue Louise, 1050 Brussels|
Phone: +32 2271 9482
Fax: +32 2271 9480
Web page: http://www.eeri.eu/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- International Monetary Fund, 2004. "Financial Sector Development in the Middle East and North Africa," IMF Working Papers 04/201, International Monetary Fund.
- Joachim Wagner, 2006.
"Exports, foreign direct investment, and productivity: evidence from German firm level data,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(6), pages 347-349.
- Joachim Wagner, 2005. "Exports, Foreign Direct Investment, and Productivity: Evidence from German Firm Level Data," International Trade 0504006, EconWPA.
- Wagner, Joachim, 2005. "Exports, foreign direct investment, and productivity: Evidence from German firm level data," HWWA Discussion Papers 318, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Joachim Wagner, 2005. "Exports, foreign direct investment, and productivity: Evidence from German firm level data," Working Paper Series in Economics 8, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
- Anderson, Gordon, 1996. "Nonparametric Tests of Stochastic Dominance in Income Distributions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1183-1193, September.
- Weshah Razzak, "undated". "Self Selection Versus Learning-By-Exporting Four Arab Economies," API-Working Paper Series 0804, Arab Planning Institute - Kuwait, Information Center. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eei:rpaper:eeri_rp_2009_30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia van Hove)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.