Indicators of corporate default : an EU based empirical study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Crouhy, Michel & Galai, Dan & Mark, Robert, 2001. "Prototype risk rating system," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 47-95, January.
- S. Balcaen & H. Ooghe, 2004.
"Alternative methodologies in studies on business failure: do they produce better results than the classical statistical methods?,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
04/249, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Balcaen S. & Ooghe H., 2004. "Alternative methodologies in studies on business failure: do they produce better results than the classic statistical methods?," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2004-16, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- repec:bla:joares:v:10:y:1972:i:1:p:167-179 is not listed on IDEAS
- Terry J. Ward & Benjamin P. Foster, 1997. "A Note on Selecting a Response Measure for Financial Distress," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(6), pages 869-879.
- Altman, Edward I. & Haldeman, Robert G. & Narayanan, P., 1977. "ZETATM analysis A new model to identify bankruptcy risk of corporations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 29-54, June.
- Kadri Männasoo, 2007. "Determinants of firm sustainability in Estonia," Bank of Estonia Working Papers 2007-04, Bank of Estonia, revised 08 Mar 2007.
- Teija Laitinen & Maria Kankaanpaa, 1999. "Comparative analysis of failure prediction methods: the Finnish case," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 67-92.
- Kahya, Emel & Theodossiou, Panayiotis, 1999. "Predicting Corporate Financial Distress: A Time-Series CUSUM Methodology," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 323-345, December.
- Dimitras, A. I. & Zanakis, S. H. & Zopounidis, C., 1996. "A survey of business failures with an emphasis on prediction methods and industrial applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 487-513, May.
- repec:bla:joares:v:18:y:1980:i:1:p:109-131 is not listed on IDEAS
- S. Balcaen & H. Ooghe, 2004. "35 years of studies on business failure: an overview of the classical statistical methodologiesand their related problems," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/248, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Luoma, M & Laitinen, EK, 1991. "Survival analysis as a tool for company failure prediction," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 673-678.
- Shumway, Tyler, 2001. "Forecasting Bankruptcy More Accurately: A Simple Hazard Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(1), pages 101-124, January.
- Frydman, Halina & Altman, Edward I & Kao, Duen-Li, 1985. " Introducing Recursive Partitioning for Financial Classification: The Case of Financial Distress," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(1), pages 269-291, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alessandro Zeli, 2014. "The financial distress indicators trend in Italy: an analysis of medium-size enterprises," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 4(2), pages 199-221, December.
- Mari Avarmaa & Aaro Hazak & Kadri Männasoo, 2011. "Capital structure formation in multinational and local companies in the Baltic States," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 11(1), pages 125-146, July.
- O'Brien, Eoin & Stuart, Rebecca, 2014. "Corporate Liquidations in Ireland," Economic Letters 06/EL/14, Central Bank of Ireland.
More about this item
Keywordscorporate default; bankruptcy; survival analysis;
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2007-09-16 (Business Economics)
- NEP-EEC-2007-09-16 (European Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2007-09-16 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eea:boewps:wp2007-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peeter Luikmel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/epgovee.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.