Predicting Corporate Financial Distress: A Time-Series CUSUM Methodology
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Strong, John S & Meyer, John R, 1987. " Asset Writedowns: Managerial Incentives and Security Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 643-661, July.
- Barber, Brad M. & Lyon, John D., 1996. "Detecting abnormal operating performance: The empirical power and specification of test statistics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 359-399, July.
- repec:bla:joares:v:34:y:1996:i::p:117-134 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:34:y:1996:i::p:135-155 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blackwell, David W. & Marr, M. Wayne & Spivey, Michael F., 1990. "Plant-closing decisions and the market value of the firm," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 277-288, August.
- Chaney, Paul K. & Hogan, Chris E. & Jeter, Debra C., 1999. "The effect of reporting restructuring charges on analysts' forecast revisions and errors," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, pages 261-284.
- Smart, Scott B & Waldfogel, Joel, 1994. "Measuring the Effect of Restructuring on Corporate Performance: The Case of Management Buyouts," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, pages 503-511.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Premachandra, I.M. & Bhabra, Gurmeet Singh & Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki, 2009. "DEA as a tool for bankruptcy assessment: A comparative study with logistic regression technique," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(2), pages 412-424, March.
- S. Balcaen & H. Ooghe, 2004. "Alternative methodologies in studies on business failure: do they produce better results than the classical statistical methods?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/249, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- G. Yi & S. Coleman & Q. Ren, 2006. "CUSUM method in predicting regime shifts and its performance in different stock markets allowing for transaction fees," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 647-661.
- Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki & Goto, Mika, 2009. "Can R&D expenditure avoid corporate bankruptcy? Comparison between Japanese machinery and electric equipment industries using DEA-discriminant analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(1), pages 289-311, July.
- Aaro Hazak & Kadri Männasoo, 2007. "Indicators of corporate default : an EU based empirical study," Bank of Estonia Working Papers 2007-10, Bank of Estonia, revised 04 Sep 2007.
- Ch. Spathis & M. Doumpos & C. Zopounidis, 2002. "Detecting falsified financial statements: a comparative study using multicriteria analysis and multivariate statistical techniques," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 509-535.
- Foreman, R. Dean, 2003.
"A logistic analysis of bankruptcy within the US local telecommunications industry,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, pages 135-166.
- Michael K. Berkowitz & Jiaping Qiu, 2001. "Ownership, Risk and Performance of Mutual Fund Management Companies," Working Papers berk-01-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Brindescu-Olariu Daniel & Golet Ionut, 2013. "Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy In Romania Through The Use Of Logistic Regression," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, pages 976-986.
- Elisa Ughetto & Andrea Vezzulli, 2011. "What role can mutual guarantee consortia play for financing innovation? A firm-level study for Italy," International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(4), pages 294-319.
- Layla Khoja & Maxwell Chipulu & Ranadeva Jayasekera, 2016. "Analysing corporate insolvency in the Gulf Cooperation Council using logistic regression and multidimensional scaling," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 483-518, April.
- Kosmidou K. & Doumpos M. & Zopounidis C., 2002. "A Multicriteria Hierarchical Discrimination Approach for Credit Risk Problems," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, pages 53-68.
- Rida Prihatni SE. Ak. MSi. Author_Email: email@example.com & Adam Zakaria SE. Ak. MSi., 2011. "The Financial Performance Analysis Using Altman Z-Score And Its Effect To Stock Price Banking Sector In Indonesian Stock Exchange," 2nd International Conference on Business and Economic Research (2nd ICBER 2011) Proceeding 2011-187, Conference Master Resources.
- S. Balcaen & H. Ooghe, 2004.
"Alternative methodologies in studies on business failure: do they produce better results than the classical statistical methods?,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
04/249, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Balcaen S. & Ooghe H., 2004. "Alternative methodologies in studies on business failure: do they produce better results than the classic statistical methods?," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2004-16, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- Elisa Ughetto & Andrea Vezzulli, 2008. "Guarantee-backed loans and R&D investments. Do mutual guarantee consortiums value R&D?," KITeS Working Papers 227, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Dec 2008.
- Premachandra, I.M. & Chen, Yao & Watson, John, 2011. "DEA as a tool for predicting corporate failure and success: A case of bankruptcy assessment," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 620-626, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:rqfnac:v:13:y:1999:i:4:p:323-45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .