Beta Risk and Regime Shift in Market Volatility
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1988. "A Capital Asset Pricing Model with Time-Varying Covariances," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 116-131, February.
- Pettengill, Glenn N. & Sundaram, Sridhar & Mathur, Ike, 1995. "The Conditional Relation between Beta and Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(1), pages 101-116, March.
- Patricia Fraser & Foort Hamelink & Martin Hoesli & Bryan Macgregor, 2004.
"Time-varying betas and the cross-sectional return-risk relation: evidence from the UK,"
The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 255-276.
- Fraser, P. & Hamelink, F. & Hoesli, M. & MacGregor, B., 2000. "Time-Varying Betas and Cross-Sectional Return-Risk Relation: Evidence from the UK," Papers 2000.03, Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales, Universite de Geneve-.
- Don U. A. Galagedera & Robert Faff, 2005.
"Modeling The Risk And Return Relation Conditional On Market Volatility And Market Conditions,"
International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(01), pages 75-95.
- Don U.A. Galagedera & Robert Faff, 2004. "Modelling the Risk and Return Relation Conditional on Market Volatility and Market Conditions," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 8/04, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Kim, Moon K. & Zumwalt, J. Kenton, 1979. "An Analysis of Risk in Bull and Bear Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(5), pages 1015-1025, December.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F. & Nelson, Daniel B., 1986. "Arch models," Handbook of Econometrics, in: R. F. Engle & D. McFadden (ed.),Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 49, pages 2959-3038, Elsevier.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain, 1992. "Qualitative threshold ARCH models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 159-199.
- Faff, Robert, 2001. "A Multivariate Test of a Dual-Beta CAPM: Australian Evidence," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 36(4), pages 157-174, November.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Korkmaz, Turhan & Cevik, Emrah Ismail & Gurkan, Serhan, 2010. "Testing the international capital asset pricing model with Markov switching model in emerging markets," MPRA Paper 71481, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Korkmaz, Turhan & Cevik, Emrah Ismail & Birkan, Elif & Özataç, Nesrin, 2010. "Testing CAPM using Markov switching model: the case of coal firms," MPRA Paper 71479, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
More about this item
KeywordsMarkov regime-switching; Market volatility; Beta risk.;
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CFN-2004-10-30 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-ETS-2004-10-30 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-RMG-2004-10-30 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:ausm04:126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/essssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.