How Important Historically Were Financial Systems for Growth in the U.K., U.S., Germany, and Japan?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter L. Rousseau, 2003.
"Historical perspectives on financial development and economic growth,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 81-106.
- Peter L. Rousseau, 2002. "Historical Perspectives on Financial Development and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 9333, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 2001. "Financial Systems, Industrial Structure, and Growth," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 467-482.
- N. F. R. Crafts & C. K. Harley, 1992. "Output growth and the British industrial revolution: a restatement of the Crafts-Harley view," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 45(4), pages 703-730, November.
- Miwa, Yoshiro & Ramseyer, J Mark, 2002. "The Value of Prominent Directors: Corporate Governance and Bank Access in Transitional Japan," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(2), pages 273-301, June.
- Baskin, Jonathan Barron, 1988. "The Development of Corporate Financial Markets in Britain and the United States, 1600–1914: Overcoming Asymmetric Information," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 62(02), pages 199-237, June.
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Tarun Khanna & Yishay Yafeh, 2007. "Business Groups in Emerging Markets: Paragons or Parasites?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(2), pages 331-372, June.
- Rousseau, Peter L. & Sylla, Richard, 2005.
"Emerging financial markets and early US growth,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Peter L. Rousseau & Richard Sylla, 1999. "Emerging Financial Markets and Early U.S. Growth," NBER Working Papers 7448, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter L. Rousseau & Richard Sylla, 2000. "Emerging Financial Markets and Early U.S. Growth," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1254, Econometric Society.
- Peter L. Rousseau & Richard Sylla, 2000. "Emerging Financial Markets and Early U.S. Growth," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0015, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Wright,Robert E., 2002. "The Wealth of Nations Rediscovered," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521812375.
- Gelman, Sergey & Burhop, Carsten, 2008. "Taxation, regulation and the information efficiency of the Berlin stock exchange, 1892–1913," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(01), pages 39-66, April.
- Hicks, J. R., 1969. "A Theory of Economic History," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198811633.
- Konishi, Masaru, 2002. "Bond underwriting by banks and conflicts of interest: Evidence from Japan during the pre-war period," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 767-793, April.
- Thomas Gehrig & Caroline Fohlin, 2006.
"Trading Costs in Early Securities Markets: The Case of the Berlin Stock Exchange 1880–1910,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 10(4), pages 587-612, December.
- Fohlin, Caroline & Gehrig, Thomas, 2006. "Trading Costs in Early Securities Markets: The Case of the Berlin Stock Exchange, 1880-1910," CEPR Discussion Papers 5827, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Clague, Christopher & Keefer, Philip & Knack, Stephen & Olson, Mancur, 1999. "Contract-Intensive Money: Contract Enforcement, Property Rights, and Economic Performance," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 185-211, June.
- Bogart, Dan, 2009. "Nationalizations and the Development of Transport Systems: Cross-Country Evidence from Railroad Networks, 1860–1912," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 69(01), pages 202-237, March.
- Randall K. Morck, 2005. "A History of Corporate Governance around the World: Family Business Groups to Professional Managers," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number morc05-1, January.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Ash & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 1996. "Stock Market Development and Financing Choices of Firms," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 341-369, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:upafin:10-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wcupaus.html .