Purchase versus Pooling in Stock-for-Stock Acquisitions: Why Do Firms Care?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:36:y:1998:i:2:p:279-298 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kroll, Mark & Simmons, Susan A. & Wright, Peter, 1990. "Determinants of chief executive officer compensation following major acquisitions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 349-366, June.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Nathan, Kevin, 1988. "Do firms pay to pool?: Some empirical evidence," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 185-200.
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dechow, Patricia M. & Sloan, Richard G., 1991. "Executive incentives and the horizon problem : An empirical investigation," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 51-89, March.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Healy, Paul M. & Kang, Sok-Hyon & Palepu, Krishna G., 1987. "The effect of accounting procedure changes on CEOs' cash salary and bonus compensation," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 7-34, April.
- Shivdasani, Anil, 1993. "Board composition, ownership structure, and hostile takeovers," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-3), pages 167-198, April.
- repec:bla:joares:v:7:y:1969:i:2:p:188-195 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amihud, Yakov & Lev, Baruch & Travlos, Nickolaos G, 1990. " Corporate Control and the Choice of Investment Financing: The Case of Corporate Acquisitions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 603-616, June.
- Sweeney, Amy Patricia, 1994. "Debt-covenant violations and managers' accounting responses," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 281-308, May.
- Duke, Joanne C. & Hunt, Herbert III, 1990. "An empirical examination of debt covenant restrictions and accounting-related debt proxies," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1-3), pages 45-63, January.
- Clifford W. Smith Jr. & Ross L. Watts, 1982. "Incentive and Tax Effects of Executive Compensation Plans," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 7(2), pages 139-157, December.
- Healy, Paul M., 1985. "The effect of bonus schemes on accounting decisions," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1-3), pages 85-107, April.
- repec:bla:joares:v:20:y:1982:i::p:161-234 is not listed on IDEAS
- Petry, Glenn & Settle, John, 1991. "Relationship of takeover gains to the stake of managers in the acquiring firm," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 99-114, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:reacre:v:28:y:2016:i:1:p:11-21 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dos Santos, Marcelo B. & Errunza, Vihang R. & Miller, Darius P., 2008. "Does corporate international diversification destroy value? Evidence from cross-border mergers and acquisitions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2716-2724, December.
- Gilad Livne & Maureen McNichols, 2009. "An Empirical Investigation of the True and Fair Override in the United Kingdom," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(1-2), pages 1-30.
- Duso, Tomaso & Gugler, Klaus & Yurtoglu, Burcin, 2010.
"Is the event study methodology useful for merger analysis? A comparison of stock market and accounting data,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 186-192, June.
- Tomaso Duso & Klaus Gugler & Burcin Yurtoglu, 2006. "Is the Event Study Methodology Useful for Merger Analysis? A Comparison of Stock Market and Accounting Data," CIG Working Papers SP II 2006-19, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Duso, Tomaso & Gugler, Klaus & Yurtoglu, Burcin B., 2006. "Is the Event Study Methodology Useful for Merger Analysis? A Comparison of Stock Market and Accounting Data," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 163, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Skinner, Douglas J., 2008. "Discussion of "The implications of unverifiable fair-value accounting: Evidence from the political economy of goodwill accounting"," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 282-288, August.
- Malmendier, Ulrike & Opp, Marcus M. & Saidi, Farzad, 2016.
"Target revaluation after failed takeover attempts: Cash versus stock,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 92-106.
- Ulrike Malmendier & Marcus Matthias Opp & Farzad Saidi, 2012. "Target Revaluation after Failed Takeover Attempts – Cash versus Stock," NBER Working Papers 18211, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/2638 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gao, Ning, 2011. "The adverse selection effect of corporate cash reserve: Evidence from acquisitions solely financed by stock," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 789-808, September.
- Robin Wilber, 2007. "Why do firms repurchase stock to acquire another firm?," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 155-172, August.
- Weber, Joseph P., 2004. "Shareholder wealth effects of pooling-of-interests accounting: evidence from the SEC's restriction on share repurchases following pooling transactions," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 39-57, February.
- Richardson, Scott & Tuna, A. Irem & Wysocki, Peter D., 2003. "Accounting for Taste: Board Member Preferences and Corporate Policy Choices," Working papers 4307-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:stabus:1614. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/gsstaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.