To be or not to be consistent in brand logo changes?
This paper is an investigation into whether and under which conditions consistency between brand name and logo may positively influence consumer attitudes toward brands through three studies.
|Date of creation:||01 Nov 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: HEC Paris, 78351 Jouy-en-Josas cedex, France|
Web page: http://www.hec.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Meyers-Levy, Joan & Tybout, Alice M, 1989. " Schema Congruity as a Basis for Product Evaluation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 39-54, June.
- Heckler, Susan E & Childers, Terry L, 1992. " The Role of Expectancy and Relevancy in Memory for Verbal and Visual Information: What Is Incongruency?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(4), pages 475-492, March.
- Campbell, Margaret C & Goodstein, Ronald C, 2001. " The Moderating Effect of Perceived Risk on Consumers' Evaluations of Product Incongruity: Preference for the Norm," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(3), pages 439-449, December.
- Edell, Julie E & Staelin, Richard, 1983. " The Information Processing of Pictures in Print Advertisements," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(1), pages 45-61, June.
- Doyle, John R. & Bottomley, Paul A., 2004. "Font appropriateness and brand choice," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(8), pages 873-880, August.
- Luna, David & Peracchio, Laura A, 2001. " Moderators of Language Effects in Advertising to Bilinguals: A Psycholinguistic Approach," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(2), pages 284-295, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebg:heccah:0875. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Dupouy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.