Assesing the frequency and clauses of out-of-stock events through store scanner data
This paper aims to provide an answer to the question of out-of-stock events (OOS), their frequency, the sales losses they generate, and their causes. The authors provide two contributions. They describe a new sales-based measure of OOS computed on the basis of store-level scanner data and identify several of the main determinants of OOS. They also introduce a significant distinction between complete and partial OOS
|Date of creation:||01 Jan 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.hec.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James D. Hess & Eitan Gerstner, 1987. "Loss Leader Pricing and Rain Check Policy," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(4), pages 358-374.
- Fitzsimons, Gavan J, 2000. " Consumer Response to Stockouts," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(2), pages 249-66, September.
- Abel, Andrew B, 1985.
"Inventories, Stock-Outs and Production Smoothing,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 283-93, April.
- Frechette, Darren L, 1999. "Stock-Outs and Supply Response Estimation under Rational Expectations," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 26(1), pages 59-77, March.
- Subramanian Balachander & Peter H. Farquhar, 1994. "Gaining More by Stocking Less: A Competitive Analysis of Product Availability," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(1), pages 3-22.
- Lau, Hon-Shiang & Hing-Ling Lau, Amy, 1996. "Estimating the demand distributions of single-period items having frequent stockouts," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 254-265, July.
- Ravi Anupindi & Maqbool Dada & Sachin Gupta, 1998. "Estimation of Consumer Demand with Stock-Out Based Substitution: An Application to Vending Machine Products," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(4), pages 406-423.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebg:heccah:0830. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Dupouy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.