Using Panel Data to Exactly Estimate Income Under-Reporting by the Self Employed
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kim , Bonggeun & Gibson , John & Chung , Chul, 2009. "Using Panel Data to Exactly Estimate Income Under-Reporting by the Self Employed," Working Papers 09-2, Korea Institute for International Economic Policy.
References listed on IDEAS
- Panayiota Lyssiotou & Panos Pashardes & Thanasis Stengos, 2004. "Estimates of the black economy based on consumer demand approaches," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(497), pages 622-640, July.
- Edvard Johansson, 2005. "An estimate of self-employment income underreporting in Finland," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 31, pages 99-109.
- Timothy Beatty & Erling Røed Larsen, 2005.
"Using Engel curves to estimate bias in the Canadian CPI as a cost of living index,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(2), pages 482-499, May.
- Beatty, Timothy K.M. & Larsen, Erling Roed, 2004. "Using Engel Curves To Estimate Bias In The Canadian Cpi As A Cost Of Living Index," Working Papers 15836, University of British Columbia, Food and Resource Economics.
- Douglas Gollin, 2002. "Getting Income Shares Right," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(2), pages 458-474, April.
- Gibson, John & Stillman, Steven & Le, Trinh, 2008.
"CPI bias and real living standards in Russia during the transition,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 140-160, August.
- John Gibson & Steven Stillman & Trinh Le, 2004. "CPI Bias and Real Living Standards in Russia During the Transition," Working Papers in Economics 04/02, University of Waikato.
- John Gibson & Steven Stillman, 2004. "CPI Bias and Real Living Standards in Russia During The Transition," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 504, Econometric Society.
- Herb J. Schuetze, 2002. "Profiles of Tax Non-compliance Among the Self-Employed in Canada: 1969 to 1992," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 28(2), pages 219-237, June.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30728045 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Merike Kukk & Karsten Staehr, 2014. "Identification of Income Underreporting by the Self-Employed: Employment Status or Reported Business Income?," TUT Economic Research Series 8, Department of Finance and Economics, Tallinn University of Technology.
- Erik Hurst & Geng Li & Benjamin Pugsley, 2014.
"Are Household Surveys Like Tax Forms? Evidence from Income Underreporting of the Self-Employed,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 96(1), pages 19-33, March.
- Erik Hurst & Geng Li & Benjamin Pugsley, 2010. "Are Household Surveys Like Tax Forms: Evidence from Income Underreporting of the Self Employed," NBER Working Papers 16527, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erik Hurst & Geng Li & Benjamin Pugsley, 2011. "Are household surveys like tax forms: evidence from income underreporting of the self-employed," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2011-06, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Merike Kukk & Karsten Staehr, 2014.
"Income underreporting by households with business income: evidence from Estonia,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2), pages 257-276, June.
- Merike Kukk & Karsten Staehr, 2013. "Income underreporting by households with business income. Evidence from Estonia," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2013-6, Bank of Estonia, revised 26 Jul 2013.
- Paulus, Alari, 2015. "Income underreporting based on income-expenditure gaps: survey vs tax records," ISER Working Paper Series 2015-15, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Engström, Per & Hagen, Johannes, 2017.
"Income underreporting among the self-employed: A permanent income approach,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 92-109.
- Engström, Per & Hagen, Johannes, 2015. "Income underreporting among the self-employed: a permanent income approach," Working Paper Series, Center for Fiscal Studies 2015:2, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Odd Erik Nygård & Joel Slemrod & Thor Olav Thoresen, 2016. "Distributional Implications of Joint Tax Evasion," CESifo Working Paper Series 5915, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsEngel curve; Measurement error; Self-employment; Underground economy;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eab:laborw:22996. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaberau.html .