Does the choice of estimator matter when forecasting returns?
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laopodis, Nikiforos T., 2016. "Industry returns, market returns and economic fundamentals: Evidence for the United States," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 89-106.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Phan, Dinh Hoang Bach & Thuraisamy, Kannan & Westerlund, Joakim, 2016. "Price discovery and asset pricing," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PA), pages 224-235.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:39-60 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joakim Westerlund, 2013. "A computationally convenient unit root test with covariates, conditional heteroskedasticity and efficient detrending," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(4), pages 477-495, July.
- Afees A. Salisu & Raymond Swaray & Tirimisyu F. Oloko, 2017. "A multi-factor predictive model for oil-US stock nexus with persistence, endogeneity and conditional heteroscedasticity effects," Working Papers 024, Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:547-558 is not listed on IDEAS
- Moses Tule & Afees A. Salisu & Charles Chimeke, 2018. "You are what you eat: The role of oil price in Nigeria inflation forecast," Working Papers 040, Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.
- repec:eee:intfin:v:52:y:2018:i:c:p:152-172 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:intfin:v:48:y:2017:i:c:p:160-177 is not listed on IDEAS
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Phan, Dinh Hoang Bach & Sharma, Susan Sunila & Westerlund, Joakim, 2016. "Are Islamic stock returns predictable? A global perspective," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PA), pages 210-223.
- Afees A. Salisu & Idris Ademuyiwa & Kazeem Isah, 2017. "Revisiting the forecasting accuracy of Phillips curve: the role of oil price," Working Papers 022, Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.
- Afees A. Salisu & Raymond Swaray & Idris Adediran, 2018. "Improving the predictability of commodity prices in US inflation: The role of coffee price," Working Papers 041, Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.
- Afees A. Salisu & Kazeem Isah, 2017. "Predicting US Inflation: Evidence from a New Approach," Working Papers 039, Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Bannigidadmath, Deepa, 2017. "Does Financial News Predict Stock Returns? New Evidence from Islamic and Non-Islamic Stocks," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 24-45.
- Karabiyik, Hande & Westerlund, Joakim & Narayan, Paresh, 2016. "On the estimation and testing of predictive panel regressions," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 115-125.
More about this item
KeywordsPredictive regression; Stock return predictability; Heteroskedasticity; Predictor endogeneity;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2013-06-16 (Econometrics)
- NEP-FOR-2013-06-16 (Forecasting)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dkn:ecomet:fe_2012_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xueli Tang). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sedeaau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.