Report NEP-FOR-2013-06-16This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Rachida Ouysse, 2013. "Forecasting using a large number of predictors: Bayesian model averaging versus principal components regression," Discussion Papers 2013-04, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Christiane Baumeister & Lutz Kilian, 2013. "What Central Bankers Need to Know about Forecasting Oil Prices," Staff Working Papers 13-15, Bank of Canada.
- Asger Lunde & Kasper V. Olesen, 2014. "Modeling and Forecasting the Distribution of Energy Forward Returns - Evidence from the Nordic Power Exchange," CREATES Research Papers 2013-19, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Eran Raviv & Kees E. Bouwman & Dick van Dijk, 2013. "Forecasting Day-Ahead Electricity Prices: Utilizing Hourly Prices," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-068/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Peter Exterkate & Patrick J.F. Groenen & Christiaan Heij & Dick van Dijk, 2013. "Nonlinear Forecasting With Many Predictors Using Kernel Ridge Regression," CREATES Research Papers 2013-16, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Juan-Angel Jimenez-Martin & Michael McAleer & Teodosio Perez Amaral & Paulo Araujo Santos, 2013. "GFC-Robust Risk Management under the Basel Accord using Extreme Value Methodologies," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-070/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Sagarika Mishra, "undated". "Do Agents Learn by Least Squares? The Evidence Provided by Changes in Monetary Policy," Financial Econometics Series 2012_09, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Joakim Westerlund & Paresh K Narayan, 2012. "Does the choice of estimator matter when forecasting returns?," Financial Econometics Series 2012_01, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Daniela Osterrieder, 2013. "Interest Rates with Long Memory: A Generalized Affine Term-Structure Model," CREATES Research Papers 2013-17, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Item repec:dgr:uvatin:20130069 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Manabu Asai & Massimiliano Caporin & Michael McAleer, 2013. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk using Block Structure Multivariate Stochastic Volatility Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-073/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Burgess, Stephen & Fernandez-Corugedo, Emilio & Groth, Charlotta & Harrison, Richard & Monti, Francesca & Theodoridis, Konstantinos & Waldron, Matt, 2013. "The Bank of England's forecasting platform: COMPASS, MAPS, EASE and the suite of models," Bank of England working papers 471, Bank of England.
- Paolo Manasse & Roberto Savona & Marika Vezzoli, 2013. "Rules of Thumb for Banking Crises in Emerging Markets," Working Papers 481, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Zsuzsanna Csereklyei & Stefan Humer, 2013. "Projecting Long-Term Primary Energy Consumption," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp152, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Rogers, Todd & Aida, Masa, 2013. "Vote Self-Prediction Hardly Predicts Who Will Vote, and Is (Misleadingly) Unbiased," Working Paper Series rwp13-010, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Éric Jacquier & Cédric Okou, 2013. "Disentangling Continuous Volatility from Jumps in Long-Run Risk-Return Relationships," CIRANO Working Papers 2013s-14, CIRANO.
- Jasmina Arifovic & George Evans & Olena Kostyshyna, 2013. "Are Sunspots Learnable? An Experimental Investigation in a Simple General-Equilibrium Model," Staff Working Papers 13-14, Bank of Canada.