Some Determinants of Intermediate Local Governments' Spending Efficiency: The Case of French Départements
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- De Borger, B & Kerstens, K. & Moesen, W. & Vanneste, J., 1994.
"Explaining Differences in Productive Efficiency: An Application to Belgian Municipalities,"
Springer, vol. 80(3-4), pages 339-358, September.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & KERSTENS, K. & MOESEN, Wim & VANNESTE, Jacques, 1992. "Explaining differences in productive efficiency: An application to Belgian municipalities," SESO Working Papers 1992003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Balaguer-Coll, Maria Teresa & Prior, Diego & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2007.
"On the determinants of local government performance: A two-stage nonparametric approach,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 425-451, February.
- Emili Tortosa Ausina & Diego Prior & María Teresa Balaguer-Coll, 2004. "On The Determinants Of Local Government Performance: A Two-Stage Nonparametric Approach," Working Papers. Serie EC 2004-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- VANDEN EECKAUT, Philippe & TULKENS, Henry & JAMAR, Marie-Astrid, 1993. "Cost efficiency in Belgian municipalities," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1033, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Isabel Narbón-Perpiñá & Kristof De Witte, 2016. "Local governments’ efficiency: A systematic literature review – Part I," Working Papers 2016/20, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
More about this item
KeywordsIntermediate government spending efficiency; nonparametric efficiency analysis; bootstrapped truncated regression;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H72 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Budget and Expenditures
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EFF-2011-06-04 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-EUR-2011-06-04 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-PBE-2011-06-04 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2011-06-04 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.