Fiscal Policies in a Stochastic Model with Hyperbolic Discounting
In this paper, we study the effects of fiscal policies on economy in a stochastic model with hyperbolic discounting rate. With specific assumptions on the production technology, preferences, and stochastic shocks, we derive the explicit solutions to the growth rates of consumption and savings and equilibrium returns on all assets, and give the effects of fiscal policies and discounting rate on growth.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://cema.cufe.edu.cn/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2000. "Methods of Macroeconomic Dynamics, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 0262201232, March.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1992.
"Risk-taking, global diversification, and growth,"
Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics
61, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1992. "Risk-Taking, Global Diversification, and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 688, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maurice Obstfeld., 1993. "Risk-Taking, Global Diversification, and Growth," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C93-016, University of California at Berkeley.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1992. "Risk-Taking, Global Diversification, and Growth," NBER Working Papers 4093, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1993. "Risk-Taking, Global Diversification, and Growth," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers 233197, University of California-Berkeley, Department of Economics.
- Turnovsky, S.J., 1989.
"The Effects Of Taxes And Devidend Policy On Capital Accumulation And Macroeconomic Behavior,"
Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington
891101, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J., 1990. "The effects of taxes and dividend policy on capital accumulation and macroeconomic behavior," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 14(3-4), pages 491-521, October.
- Turnovsky, S.J., 1989. "The Effects Of Taxes And Devidend Policy On Capital Accumulation And Macroeconomic Behavior," Working Papers 891101, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- David I. Laibson & Andrea Repetto & Jeremy Tobacman, 1998. "Self-Control and Saving for Retirement," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(1), pages 91-196.
- Christopher Harris & David Laibson, 2001.
NajEcon Working Paper Reviews
- Laibson, David I. & Harris, Christopher, 2012. "Instantaneous Gratification," Scholarly Articles 9918802, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Christopher Harris & David Laibson, 2006. "Instantaneous Gratification," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000635, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Christopher Harris & David Laibson, 2001. "Instantaneous Gratification," Levine's Working Paper Archive 625018000000000267, David K. Levine.
- Laibson, David, 1998. "Life-cycle consumption and hyperbolic discount functions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 861-871, May.
- Laibson, David I., 1997.
"Golden Eggs and Hyperbolic Discounting,"
4481499, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J, 1993. "Macroeconomic Policies, Growth, and Welfare in a Stochastic Economy," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 34(4), pages 953-81, November.
- Jonathan Eaton, 1981. "Fiscal Policy, Inflation and the Accumulation of Risky Capital," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 48(3), pages 435-445.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1975. "The Demand for Index Bonds," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(3), pages 509-34, June.
- Robert J. Barro, 1999. "Ramsey Meets Laibson in the Neoclassical Growth Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1125-1152.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cuf:wpaper:103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Qiang Gao)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.