The identification of a mixture of first order binary Markov Chains
Let S be the number of components in a finite discrete mixing distribution. We prove that the number of waves of panel being greater than or equal to 2S is a sufficient condition for global identification of a dynamic binary choice model in which all the parameters are heterogeneous. This model results in a mixture of S binary first order Markov Chains
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Browning, Martin & Carro, Jesus M., 2014.
"Dynamic binary outcome models with maximal heterogeneity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 178(2), pages 805-823.
- Martin Browning & Jesus M. Carro, 2007. "Dynamic Binary Outcome Models with Maximal Heterogeneity," CAM Working Papers 2009-08, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics, revised Feb 2009.
- Martin Browning & Jesus M. Carro, 2009. "Dynamic binary outcome models with maximal heterogeneity," Economics Series Working Papers 426, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Carro, Jesús M. & Browning, Martin, 2009. "Dynamic binary outcome models with maximal heterogeneity," UC3M Working papers. Economics we091710, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Hiroyuki Kasahara & Katsumi Shimotsu, 2009. "Nonparametric Identification of Finite Mixture Models of Dynamic Discrete Choices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 77(1), pages 135-175, January.
- Martin Browning & Jesus Carro, 2006. "Heterogeneity and Microeconometrics Modelling," CAM Working Papers 2006-03, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:werepe:we1117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Poveda)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.