Regional Industrial Policies In Germany
The working paper presents an overview to the system of industrial policy in Germany. Special focus is directed to the relationships between federal and regional (Länder) policies. As German industrial policy is distributed across various policy fields, objectives, strategies and instruments of the main fields – innovation, SME, and regional economic policy – are discussed against the background of recent structural challenges to the German economy. Case studies for two Länder – Northrhine-Westphalia as typical West-German old-industrial heartland and Saxony as the main industrial location in the Eastern Länder – reveal the complexity and diversity of institutional approaches and the main challenges for future regional industrial policies in Germany.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Real Collegio, 30 10024 - Moncalieri TO|
Web page: http://www.ceris.cnr.it/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Georg Licht & Christian Rammer & Alfred Spielkamp, 2001. "Rolle und Bedeutung von Intermediären in Wissens- und Technologietransfer," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 54(04), pages 40-49, October.
- Dohse, Dirk, 2000. "Technology policy and the regions -- the case of the BioRegio contest," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1111-1133, December.
- Alexander Eickelpasch & Martina Kauffeld & Ingo Pfeiffer, 2002. "Das InnoRegio-Programm: Umsetzung der Förderung und Entwicklung der Netzwerke," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 69(21), pages 329-338.
- Paul F. Whiteley (ed.), 0. "Economic Policy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 996.
- Claudio Farina & Brigitte Preissl, 2000. "Research and Technology Organisations in National Systems of Innovation," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 221, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Riedel, Jürgen, 2002. "Technologie- und Innovationspolitik in Sachsen," WSI Discussion Papers 106, Hans-Böckler-Stiftung, Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftliches Institut (WSI).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:csc:cerisp:200309. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Enrico Viarisio)or (Anna Perin) or (Giancarlo Birello)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.