On the Evolution of the Firm Size Distribution in an African Economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Van Biesebroeck, Johannes, 2005. "Firm Size Matters: Growth and Productivity Growth in African Manufacturing," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages 545-583, April.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Growth success in Africa: firms become smaller
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2010-09-03 18:58:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David N Margolis, 2014.
"By Choice and by Necessity: Entrepreneurship and Self-Employment in the Developing World,"
The European Journal of Development Research,
Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 26(4), pages 419-436, September.
- Margolis, David N., 2014. "By Choice and by Necessity: Entrepreneurship and Self-Employment in the Developing World," IZA Discussion Papers 8273, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David Margolis, 2014. "By Choice and by Necessity: Entrepreneurship and Self-Employment in the Developing World," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" hal-01060265, HAL.
- David Margolis, 2014. "By Choice and by Necessity: Entrepreneurship and Self-Employment in the Developing World," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01052586, HAL.
- repec:ldr:wpaper:92 is not listed on IDEAS
- Iacovone,Leonardo & Ramachandran,Vijaya & Schmidt,Martin, 2013.
"Stunted growth : why don't African firms create more jobs ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6727, The World Bank.
- Leonardo Iacovone, Vijaya Ramachandran, and Martin Schmidt, 2014. "Stunted Growth: Why Don't African Firms Create More Jobs?," Working Papers 353, Center for Global Development.
- Andrew Kerr & Martin Wittenberg & Jairo Arrow, 2014. "Job Creation and Destruction in South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 82(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Tomoo Kikuchi & Kazuo Nishimura & John Stachurski, 2012. "Coase meets Tarski: New Insights from Coase's Theory of the Firm," KIER Working Papers 828, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- repec:unu:wpaper:wp2012-85 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shashidhara Kolavalli & Elizabeth Robinson & Guyslain Ngeleza & Felix Asante, 2012.
"Economic Transformation in Ghana: Where Will the Path Lead?,"
Journal of African Development,
African Finance and Economic Association, vol. 14(2), pages 41-78.
- Kolavalli, Shashi & Robinson, Elizabeth J. Z. & Diao, Xinshen & Alpuerto, Vida & Folledo, Renato & Slavova, Mira & Ngeleza, Guyslain K. & Asante, Felix Ankomah, 2012. "Economic transformation in Ghana: Where will the path lead?," IFPRI discussion papers 1161, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Somdeep Chatterjee, 2016. "The role of the firm in worker wage dispersion: an analysis of the Ghanaian manufacturing sector," IZA Journal of Labor & Development, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-16, December.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-08-06 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2010-08-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2010-08-06 (Business Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2010-08-06 (Development)
- NEP-ENT-2010-08-06 (Entrepreneurship)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:csa:wpaper:2010-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Payne). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/csaoxuk.html .