Innovative Procedures : The Key Factor for Hospital Performance
The role of innovative procedures in the mortality gap between public and for-profit hospitals isinvestigated using a French exhaustive administrative dataset on patients admitted for heartattack. The more intensive use of innovative procedures by for-profit hospitals contributes largelyto explaining the mortality gap. Public hospitals are found to perform better than for-profithospitals when controlling for both the use of innovative procedures and patients' characteristics.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Bâtiment ENSAE, 5 rue Henry LE Chatelier, 91120 Palaiseau|
Phone: 01 41 17 60 81
Web page: http://crest.science
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ridder, Geert & Tunali, Insan, 1999.
"Stratified partial likelihood estimation,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 193-232, October.
- Ridder, G. & Tunali, I., 1997. "Stratified Partial Likelihood Estimation," Papers 1997/17, Koc University.
- Cutler, David M. & Huckman, Robert S., 2003. "Technological development and medical productivity: the diffusion of angioplasty in New York state," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 187-217, March.
- David M. Cutler & Robert S. Huckman, 2002. "Technological Development and Medical Productivity: The Diffusion of Angioplasty in New York State," NBER Working Papers 9311, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark G. Duggan, 2000. "Hospital Ownership and Public Medical Spending," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1343-1373.
- Mark Duggan, 2000. "Hospital Ownership and Public Medical Spending," NBER Working Papers 7789, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lien, Hsien-Ming & Chou, Shin-Yi & Liu, Jin-Tan, 2008. "Hospital ownership and performance: Evidence from stroke and cardiac treatment in Taiwan," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1208-1223, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crs:wpaper:2010-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sri Srikandan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.