Remittances and Income Smoothing
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- HwaJung Choi, 2007.
"Are Remittances Insurance? Evidence from Rainfall Shocks in the Philippines,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 21(2), pages 219-248, May.
- Dean Yang & HwaJung Choi, 2005. "Are Remittances Insurance? Evidence from Rainfall Shocks in the Philippines," Working Papers 535, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2006. "Remittances as insurance: evidence from Mexican immigrants," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 19(2), pages 227-254, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Massimiliano Bratti & Simona Fiore & Mariapia Mendola, 2016.
"Family Size, Sibling Rivalry and Migration: Evidence from Mexico,"
Development Working Papers
390, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 21 Jun 2016.
- Massimiliano, Bratti & Simona, Fiore & Mariapia, Mendola, 2017. "Family Size, Sibling Rivalry and Migration: Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 358, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised 06 Jan 2017.
- Bratti, Massimiliano & Fiore, Simona & Mendola, Mariapia, 2016. "Family Size, Sibling Rivalry and Migration: Evidence from Mexico," IZA Discussion Papers 10462, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bentour, El Mostafa, 2013. "Should Moroccan Officials Depend on the Workers’ Remittances to Finance the Current Account Deficit?," MPRA Paper 52290, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 May 2013.
- Murard, Elie, 2016. "Consumption and Leisure: The Welfare Impact of Migration on Family Left Behind," IZA Discussion Papers 10305, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- José Molina, 2014. "Altruism and monetary transfers in the household: inter- and intra-generation issues," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 407-410, September.
- Li, Xiaochun & Zhou, Jing, 2015. "Environmental effects of remittance of rural–urban migrant," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 174-179.
- Catia Batista & Janis Umblijs, 2016.
"Do migrants send remittances as a way of self-insurance?,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 68(1), pages 108-130.
- Catia Batista & Janis Umblijs, 2014. "Do migrants send remittances as a way of self-insurance?," NOVAFRICA Working Paper Series wp1402, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia, NOVAFRICA.
- Jaime Lara, 2016. "Remittances as an Insurance Mechanism in the Labor Market," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 368-387, September.
- James Dzansi, 2013. "Do remittance inflows promote manufacturing growth?," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 51(1), pages 89-111, August.
- Christian H Ebeke & Boileau Loko & Arina Viseth, 2014. "Credit Quality in Developing Economies; Remittances to the Rescue?," IMF Working Papers 14/144, International Monetary Fund.
- Theodore Gerber & Karine Torosyan, 2013. "Remittances in the Republic of Georgia: Correlates, Economic Impact, and Social Capital Formation," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(4), pages 1279-1301, August.
- Kaczmarczyk, Pawel, 2013. "Money for Nothing? Ukrainian Immigrants in Poland and their Remitting Behaviors," IZA Discussion Papers 7666, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Finkelstein Shapiro, Alan & Mandelman, Federico S., 2016.
"Remittances, entrepreneurship, and employment dynamics over the business cycle,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 184-199.
- Shapiro, Alan Finkelstein & Mandelman, Federico S., 2014. "Remittances, entrepreneurship, and employment dynamics over the business cycle," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2014-19, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2012. "Remittance Income Volatility and Labor Supply in Mexico," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 257-276, October.
- Flore Gubert, 2014. "The discourse and practice of co-development in Europe," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Migration and Economic Development, chapter 5, pages 113-151 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kemper, Niels & Ha, Luu Viet & Klump, Rainer, 2015. "Property Rights and Consumption Volatility: Evidence from a Land Reform in Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 107-130.
More about this item
Keywordsremittances; income smoothing;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- O - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2011-10-09 (Development)
- NEP-LTV-2011-10-09 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crm:wpaper:1107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CReAM Administrator) or (Thomas Cornelissen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cmucluk.html .