Knowledge and Information Networks: Evidence from an Italian Wine Local System
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2001.
"Knowledge Spillovers and Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 975-1005, December.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2000. "Knowledge Spillovers And Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey," ERSA conference papers ersa00p362, European Regional Science Association.
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni, 2001. "Knowledge spillovers and local innovation systems: a critical survey," LIUC Papers in Economics 84, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Elisa Giuliani & Martin Bell, 2004. "When Micro Shapes the Meso: Learning Networks in a Chilean Wine Cluster," SPRU Working Paper Series 115, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Giovanni Schiuma, 2000. "Dinamiche cognitive dei distretti industriali in evoluzione," ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2000(106).
- Gernot Grabher, 2002. "Cool Projects, Boring Institutions: Temporary Collaboration in Social Context," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 205-214.
- David Keeble & Frank Wilkinson, 1999. "Collective Learning and Knowledge Development in the Evolution of Regional Clusters of High Technology SMEs in Europe," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(4), pages 295-303.
- Bj–rn Johnson & Edward Lorenz & Bengt-Åke Lundvall, 2002.
"Why all this fuss about codified and tacit knowledge?,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 245-262.
- Bjorn Johnson & Edward Lorenz & B.-A. Lundvall, 2002. "Why all this Fuss about Codified and Tacit Knowledge?," Post-Print halshs-00483646, HAL.
- Bell, Martin & Albu, Michael, 1999. "Knowledge Systems and Technological Dynamism in Industrial Clusters in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1715-1734, September.
- Roberta Sisto & Antonio Lopolito & Piergiuseppe Morone, 2004. "Reti locali e diffusione della conoscenza: un caso di studio," Quaderni DSEMS 15-2004, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Matematiche e Statistiche, Universita' di Foggia.
- Elisa Giuliani, 2004. "Laggard Clusters as Slow Learners, Emerging Clusters as Locus of Knowledge Cohesion (and Exclusion): A Comparative Study in the Wine Industry," LEM Papers Series 2004/09, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Vincenza Odorici & Raffaele Corrado, 2004. "Between Supply and Demand: Intermediaries, Social Networks and the Construction of Quality in the Italian Wine Industry," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 8(2), pages 149-171.
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1989. "Real Effects of Academic Research," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 957-970, December.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998.
"Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 18-29, Summer.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998. "Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity," CEPR Discussion Papers 1974, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giuliani, Elisa & Bell, Martin, 2005. "The micro-determinants of meso-level learning and innovation: evidence from a Chilean wine cluster," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 47-68, February.
- Ron Boschma, 2005. "Proximity and Innovation: A Critical Assessment," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 61-74.
- Cowan, Robin, 2004. "Network models of innovation and knowledge diffusion," Research Memorandum 016, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Andrea Morrison, 2008.
"Gatekeepers of Knowledge within Industrial Districts: Who They Are, How They Interact,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 817-835.
- Andrea Morrison, 2004. "Gatekeepers of knowledge within industrial districts:who they are, how they interact," KITeS Working Papers 163, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Nov 2004.
- Lissoni, Francesco, 2001. "Knowledge codification and the geography of innovation: the case of Brescia mechanical cluster," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1479-1500, December.
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni, 2001. "articles: Localised knowledge spillovers vs. innovative milieux: Knowledge "tacitness" reconsidered," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 80(3), pages 255-273.
- Freel, Mark S., 2003. "Sectoral patterns of small firm innovation, networking and proximity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 751-770, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Susanna Mancinelli & Massimiliano Mazzanti, 2009. "Innovation, networking and complementarity: evidence on SME performances for a local economic system in North-Eastern Italy," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(3), pages 567-597, September.
- Thomas Farole & Andres Rodriguez-Pose & Michael Storper, 2007.
"Social capital, rules, and institutions: A cross-country investigation,"
Sciences Po publications
2007-12, Sciences Po.
- Thomas Farole & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Michael Storper, 2007. "Social capital, rules, and institutions: A cross-country investigation," Working Papers 2007-12, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Gloria Parra-Requena & Francesc Xavier Molina-Morales & Pedro Manuel García-Villaverde, 2010. "The Mediating Effect of Cognitive Social Capital on Knowledge Acquisition in Clustered Firms," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 59-84.
- Attila Varga & Andrea Parag, 2008. "Academic Knowledge Transfers and the Structure of International Research Networks," Working Papers 2008/2, University of Pécs, Department of Economics and Regional Studies, revised Mar 2008.
- Manuel Exposito-Langa & F. Xavier Molina-Morales & Josep Capo-Vicedo, 2011. "New Product Development and Absorptive Capacity in Industrial Districts: A Multidimensional Approach," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(3), pages 319-331.
- F. Xavier Molina-Morales & Josep Capó-Vicedo & M. Teresa Martínez-Fernández & Manuel Expósito-Langa, 2013. "Social capital in industrial districts: Influence of the strength of ties and density of the network on the sense of belonging to the district," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(4), pages 773-789, November.
- Manuel Expósito-Langa & F. Xavier Molina-Morales, 2009. "How Relational Dimensions Affect Knowledge Redundancy in Industrial Clusters," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(12), pages 1975-1992, September.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial Networks; Knowledge; Industrial Clusters; Wine Sector;
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- R10 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-05-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2006-05-27 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-GEO-2006-05-27 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INO-2006-05-27 (Innovation)
- NEP-NET-2006-05-27 (Network Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2006-05-27 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2006-05-27 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cri:cespri:wp174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valerio Sterzi). General contact details of provider: http://www.kites.unibocconi.it/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.