Market Strucutre, Screening Activity and Bank Lending Behavior
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christa Hainz & Laurent Weill & Christophe Godlewski, 2013.
"Bank Competition and Collateral: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 131-148, October.
- Hainz, Christa & Weill, Laurent & Godlewski, Christophe J., 2008. "Bank competition and collateral : theory and evidence," Research Discussion Papers 27/2008, Bank of Finland.
- Christa Hainz & Laurent Weill & Christophe J. Godlewski, 2008. "Bank Competition and Collateral: Theory and Evidence," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2008-19, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- John H. Boyd & Gianni De Nicoló, 2005. "The Theory of Bank Risk Taking and Competition Revisited," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(3), pages 1329-1343, June.
- Hyytinen, Ari, 2003. "Information production and lending market competition," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 233-253.
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre & Perez-Castrillo, David & Verdier, Thierry, 1995.
"Spatial competition in the banking system: Localization, cross subsidies and the regulation of deposit rates,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 889-918, May.
- Chiappori, P.A. & Perez-Castrillo, D. & Verdier, T., 1992. "Spatial Competition in the Banking System: Localization, Cross Subsidies and the Regulation of Deposit Rates," DELTA Working Papers 92-15, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Gianni De Nicolo & Elena Loukoianova, 2007. "Bank Ownership, Market Structure and Risk," IMF Working Papers 07/215, International Monetary Fund.
- Hans Degryse & Steven Ongena, 2005.
"Distance, Lending Relationships, and Competition,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(1), pages 231-266, February.
- Hans Degryse & Steven Ongena, 2002. "Distance, Lending Relationships, and Competition," CSEF Working Papers 80, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Degryse, H.A. & Ongena, S., 2003. "Distance, Lending Relationships, and Competition," Discussion Paper 2003-123, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Degryse, H.A. & Ongena, S., 2002. "Distance, Lending Relationships and Competition," Discussion Paper 2002-16, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jan Bouckaert & Hans Degryse, 2006.
"Entry and Strategic Information Display in Credit Markets,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(513), pages 702-720, July.
- Jan Bouckaert & Hans Degryse, 2002. "Entry and Strategic Information Display in Credit Markets," CSEF Working Papers 79, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Cetorelli, Nicola & Peretto, Pietro F., 2000. "Oligopoly Banking and Capital Accumulation," Working Papers 00-19, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Monika Schnitzer, 1999.
"Enterprise restructuring and bank competition in transition economies,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(1), pages 133-155, March.
- Schnitzer, Monika, 1999. "Enterprise restructuring and bank competition in transition economies," Munich Reprints in Economics 19891, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Steven C. Salop, 1979. "Monopolistic Competition with Outside Goods," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 141-156, Spring.
- Viral V. Acharya & Iftekhar Hasan & Anthony Saunders, 2006.
"Should Banks Be Diversified? Evidence from Individual Bank Loan Portfolios,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(3), pages 1355-1412, May.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Anthony Saunders & Viral V. Acharya, 2002. "Should banks be diversified? Evidence from individual bank loan portfolios," BIS Working Papers 118, Bank for International Settlements.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2002.
"Does Distance Still Matter? The Information Revolution in Small Business Lending,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(6), pages 2533-2570, December.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2000. "Does Distance Still Matter? The Information Revolution in Small Business Lending," NBER Working Papers 7685, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Hauswald & Robert Marquez, 2006. "Competition and Strategic Information Acquisition in Credit Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(3), pages 967-1000.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- D41 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Perfect Competition
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2010-12-18 (Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2010-12-18 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-COM-2010-12-18 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CTA-2010-12-18 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-URE-2010-12-18 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crf:wpaper:10-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martine Zenner) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Martine Zenner to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfsculu.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.