Nash-Walras equilibria of a large economy
Individuals exchange contracts for the deliveryof commodities in competitive markets and, simultaneously, act strategically; actions affect utilities across individuals directlyor through the payoffs of contracts. This encompasses economies with asymmetric information. Nash-Walras equilibria exist for large economies, even if utilityfunctions are not quasi - concave and choice sets are not convex, which is the case in standard settings; the separation of the purchase from the sale of contracts and the pooling of the deliveries on contracts guarantee that the markets for commodities clear.
|Date of creation:||01 Jun 1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- GHOSAL, Sayantan & POLEMARCHAKIS , Heracles, 1995.
CORE Discussion Papers
1995080, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pradeep Dubey & John Geanakoplos & Martin Shubik, 1988. "Default and Efficiency in a General Equilibrium Model with Incomplete Markets," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 879R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Feb 1989.
- Akerlof, George A, 1970. "The Market for 'Lemons': Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500, August.
- Mirrlees, J A, 1999. "The Theory of Moral Hazard and Unobservable Behaviour: Part I," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(1), pages 3-21, January.
- Alberto Bisin & John Geanakoplos & Piero Gottardi & Enrico Minelli & Herakles Polemarchakis, 2010.
"Markets and contracts,"
Economics Working Papers
ECO2010/29, European University Institute.
- Edward C Prescott & Robert M Townsend, 2010.
"Pareto Optima and Competitive Equilibria With Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2069, David K. Levine.
- Prescott, Edward C & Townsend, Robert M, 1984. "Pareto Optima and Competitive Equilibria with Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(1), pages 21-45, January.
- Hart, Sergiu & Hildenbrand, Werner & Kohlberg, Elon, 1974.
"On equilibrium allocations as distributions on the commodity space,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 159-166, August.
- HART, Sergiu & HILDENBRAND, Werner & KOHLBERG, Elon, . "On equilibrium allocations as distributions on the commodity space," CORE Discussion Papers RP -183, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Edward C Prescott & Robert M Townsend, 1997.
"General Competitive Analysis in an Economy with Private Information,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
1578, David K. Levine.
- Prescott, Edward C & Townsend, Robert M, 1984. "General Competitive Analysis in an Economy with Private Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Gale, Douglas, 1992. "A Walrasian Theory of Markets with Adverse Selection," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(2), pages 229-55, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:1999043. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.