A dynamic general equilibrium model for tax policy analysis in Colombia
The paper documents a dynamic general equilibrium model for Colombia based on national accounts from 1999. The paper is part of a project intended to develop a capacity for the the design, specification, and application of computable models within the Colombian Ministry of Finance and Department of National Planning. Our analytical framework includes both forwardlooking expectations and Harris-Todaro labor markets. In the present paper we compare numerical results from the dynamic model with simpler static and steady-state formulations to highlight the importance of transitional efects in evaluating tax policy reform. Our applications include measurement of the marginal cost of funds from di®erent tax bases and the evaluation of discrete changes in tari® structure. The structure of the labor and intermediate credit markets have important implications for the ranking alternative tax reform proposals.
|Date of creation:||15 May 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hernandez, Gustavo Adolfo & Light, Miles & Rutherford, Thomas, 2002. "A dynamic general equilibrium model for tax policy analysis in Colombia," MPRA Paper 28435, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carlos Alberto CASTRO, 2004.
"Eficiencia -X en el sector bancario colombiano,"
ARCHIVOS DE ECONOMÍA
002439, DEPARTAMENTO NACIONAL DE PLANEACIÓN.
- Fernando MESA PARRA, 2001. "Strategic Trade Policy and Exchange Rate Uncertainty," ARCHIVOS DE ECONOMÍA 003527, DEPARTAMENTO NACIONAL DE PLANEACIÓN.
- Juan Carlos ECHEVERRY GARZON, 2002. "El siglo del modelo de desarrollo," ARCHIVOS DE ECONOMÍA 002552, DEPARTAMENTO NACIONAL DE PLANEACIÓN.
- Rutherford, Thomas F, 1999. "Applied General Equilibrium Modeling with MPSGE as a GAMS Subsystem: An Overview of the Modeling Framework and Syntax," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 14(1-2), pages 1-46, October.
- Thomas F. Rutherford & Miles K. LIGHT, 2002. "A General Equilibrium Model for Tax Policy Analysis in Colombia: The MEGATAX Model," ARCHIVOS DE ECONOMÍA 011291, DEPARTAMENTO NACIONAL DE PLANEACIÓN.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000118:001910. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bricelda Delgado Martínez)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.