A literature review on the tourism-led-growth hypothesis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Javier Capó Parrilla & Antoni Riera Font & Jaume Rosselló Nadal, 2005. "Dutch Disease in Tourism Economies. Evidence from Spain," CRE Working Papers (Documents de treball del CRE) 2005/01, Centre de Recerca Econòmica (UIB ·"Sa Nostra"), revised Jan 2005.
- Lutkepohl, Helmut, 1982. "Non-causality due to omitted variables," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 367-378, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Gabriel Brida & Bibiana Lanzilotta & Fiorella Pizzolon, 2016. "Dynamic relationship between tourism and economic growth in MERCOSUR countries: a nonlinear approach based on asymmetric time series models," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(2), pages 879-894.
- repec:eee:touman:v:50:y:2015:i:c:p:13-30 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raffaele Paci & Emanuela Marrocu, 2014.
"Tourism and regional growth in Europe,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93, pages 25-50, November.
- E. Marrocu & R. Paci, 2012. "Tourism and regional growth in Europe," Working Paper CRENoS 201235, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Raffaele Paci & Emanuela Marrocu, 2013. "Tourism and regional growth in Europe," ERSA conference papers ersa13p40, European Regional Science Association.
- Lingaraj MALLICK & Ummalla MALLESH & Jaganath BEHERA, 2016. "Does tourism affect economic growth in Indian states? Evidence from panel ARDL model," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(1(606), S), pages 183-194, Spring.
- Antonakakis, Nikolaos & Dragouni, Mina & Filis, George, 2015. "How strong is the linkage between tourism and economic growth in Europe?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 142-155.
- Antonakakis, Nikolaos & Dragouni, Mina & Eeckels, Bruno & Filis, George, 2016. "Tourism and economic growth: Does democracy matter?," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 258-264.
- Zouheir El-Sahli, 2017.
"The Role of Inbound Tourist Flows in Promoting Exports,"
AMSE Working Papers
1721, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France.
- Zouheir El-Sahli, 2017. "The Role of Inbound Tourist Flows in Promoting Exports," Working Papers halshs-01524530, HAL.
- Nizar, Muhammad Afdi, 2011.
"Pengaruh Pariwisata Terhadap Pertumbuhan Ekonomi Di Indonesia
[Tourism Effect On Economic Growth In Indonesia]," MPRA Paper 65628, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:touman:v:61:y:2017:i:c:p:426-433 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mina Dragouni & George Filis & Nikolaos Antonakakis, 2013.
"Time-Varying Interdependencies of Tourism and Economic Growth: Evidence from European Countries,"
FIW Working Paper series
- Antonakakis, Nikolaos & Dragouni, Mina & Filis, George, 2013. "Time-Varying Interdependencies of Tourism and Economic Growth: Evidence from European Countries," MPRA Paper 48715, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tveteras, Sigbjorn & Roll, Kristin H., 2011. "Long-haul flights and tourist arrivals," MPRA Paper 32157, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:agr:journl:v:xxiv:y:2017:i:2(611):p:75-98 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maruska Vizek & Marina Tkalec, 2014. "The Price Tag Of Tourism: Do Small Open Economies Dependent On Tourism Revenues Experience Higher Prices Of Goods And Services?," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 0301622, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- repec:eee:touman:v:41:y:2014:i:c:p:141-147 is not listed on IDEAS
- Theodore Panagiotidis & Thomas Panagiotou & Maurizio Mussoni, 2012. "Tourism Led Growth: Evidence from Panel Cointegration Tests," Working Paper series 74_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Juan Gabriel Brida & Diego Giuliani, 2012. "Empirical assessment of the tourism-led growth hypothesis: the case of the â€œTirol-SÃ¼dtirol-Trentinoâ€ Europaregion," DISA Working Papers 2012/02, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised Mar 2012.
- Chor Foon Tang & Salah Abosedra, 2016. "Tourism and growth in Lebanon: new evidence from bootstrap simulation and rolling causality approaches," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 679-696, March.
- Dogan Gursoy & Anna Maria Parroco & Raffaele Scuderi, 2013. "An examination of tourist arrivals dynamics using short-term time series data: a space-time cluster approach," BEMPS - Bozen Economics & Management Paper Series BEMPS06, Faculty of Economics and Management at the Free University of Bozen.
- repec:eee:touman:v:55:y:2016:i:c:p:272-275 is not listed on IDEAS
- Benzarour, Choukri & satour, rachid, 2016.
"السياحة والنمو الاقتصادي في الجزائر : الأدلة من التكامل المشترك و تحليل السببية
[Tourism and economic growth in Algeria: Evidence of Cointegration and causal analysis]," MPRA Paper 78731, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jorge Moll-de-Alba & Lluís Prats & Lluís Coromina, 2016. "The need to adapt to travel expenditure patterns. A study comparing business and leisure tourists in Barcelona," Eurasian Business Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 6(2), pages 253-267, August.
- Marta Meleddu, 2014. "Tourism, Residents’ Welfare And Economic Choice: A Literature Review," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(2), pages 376-399, April.
- repec:eee:touman:v:53:y:2016:i:c:p:207-214 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordstourism; economic growth; granger causality; comprehensive review;
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- D30 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - General
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-FDG-2010-10-30 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-TUR-2010-10-30 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cns:cnscwp:201017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antonello Pau). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crenoit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.