Adam Smith revisited: coal and the location of the woollen manufacture in England before mechanization, c. 1500-1820
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Broadberry,Stephen & Campbell,Bruce M. S. & Klein,Alexander & Overton,Mark & van Leeuwen,Bas, 2015. "British Economic Growth, 1270â€“1870," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107070783, March.
- Deane, Phyllis, 1957. "The Output of the British Woolen Industry in the Eighteenth Century," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 207-223, June.
- Fernihough, Alan & O'Rourke, Kevin Hjortshøj, 2014.
"Coal and the European Industrial Revolution,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
9819, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alan Fernihough & Kevin Hjortshøj O'Rourke, 2014. "Coal and the European Industrial Revolution," NBER Working Papers 19802, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan Fernihough & Kevin Hjortshøj O'Rourke, 2014. "Coal and the European Industrial Revolution," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp439, IIIS.
- Wrigley,E. A., 2010. "Energy and the English Industrial Revolution," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766937, March.
- Eric L Jones, 2010. "LOCATING THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION:Inducement and Response," World Scientific Books, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., number 7626, June.
- Roger Fouquet, 2008. "Heat, Power and Light," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 4061.
- Sara Horrell & Deborah Oxley, 2012. "Bringing home the bacon? Regional nutrition, stature, and gender in the industrial revolution," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 65(4), pages 1354-1379, November.
- Ashworth, William J., 2003. "Customs and Excise: Trade, Production, and Consumption in England 1640-1845," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199259212.
- K. H. Burley, 1958. "An Essex Clothier Of The Eighteenth Century," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 11(2), pages 289-301, December.
- Craig Muldrew, 2012. "‘Th'ancient Distaff’ and ‘Whirling Spindle’: measuring the contribution of spinning to household earnings and the national economy in England, 1550–1770," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 65(2), pages 498-526, May.
- Wrigley,E. A., 2010. "Energy and the English Industrial Revolution," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521131858, March.
- Astrid Kander & Paolo Malanima & Paul Warde, 2013. "Power to the People: Energy in Europe over the Last Five Centuries," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 10138.
- Gerard Turnbull, 1987. "Canals, coal and regional growth during the industrial revolution," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 40(4), pages 537-560, November.
More about this item
KeywordsWoollen cloth manufacture; location; timing; coal; water;
- N73 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - Europe: Pre-1913
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2018-10-08 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2018-10-08 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-HIS-2018-10-08 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cmh:wpaper:33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Price). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dhcamuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.