Dynamic Auctions: A Survey
We survey the recent literature on designing auctions and mechanisms for dynamic settings. Two settings are considered: those with a dynamic population of agents or buyers whose private information remains fixed throughout time; and those with a fixed population of agents or buyers whose private information changes across time. Within each of these settings, we discuss both efficient (welfare-maximizing) and optimal (revenue-maximizing) mechanisms.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M Ali Khan, 2007.
Microeconomics Working Papers
22207, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Mark Satterthwaite & Artyom Shneyerov, 2007.
"Dynamic Matching, Two-Sided Incomplete Information, and Participation Costs: Existence and Convergence to Perfect Competition,"
Econometric Society, vol. 75(1), pages 155-200, 01.
- Satterthwaite, Mark & Shneyerov, Art, 2004. "Dynamic Matching,Two-sided Incomplete Information, and Participation Costs: Existence and Convergence to Perfect Competition," Microeconomics.ca working papers shneyerov-04-12-17-02-54-, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 17 Dec 2004.
- S. Christian Albright, 1974. "Optimal Sequential Assignments with Random Arrival Times," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(1), pages 60-67, September.
- Doepke, Matthias & Townsend, Robert M, 2004.
"Dynamic Mechanism Design with Hidden Income and Hidden Auctions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4455, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Doepke, Matthias & Townsend, Robert M., 2006. "Dynamic mechanism design with hidden income and hidden actions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 235-285, January.
- Matthias Doepke & Robert M. Townsend, 2002. "Dynamic Mechanism Design With Hidden Income and Hidden Actions," UCLA Economics Working Papers 818, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Jerry R. Green & Jean-Jacques Laffont, 1986. "Partially Verifiable Information and Mechanism Design," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 447-456.
- Dirk Bergemann & Juuso Valimaki, 1998.
"Dynamic Common Agency,"
1259, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Kittsteiner, Thomas & Moldovanu, Benny, 2004.
"Priority Auctions and Queue Disciplines that Depend on Processing Time,"
Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems
5, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Thomas Kittsteiner & Benny Moldovanu, 2005. "Priority Auctions and Queue Disciplines That Depend on Processing Time," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(2), pages 236-248, February.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & GERARD-VARET, Louis-André, "undated".
"Incentives and incomplete information,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
354, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Roger B. Myerson, 1984.
"Multistage Games with Communication,"
590, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Said, Maher, 2008. "Information Revelation and Random Entry in Sequential Ascending Auctions," MPRA Paper 7160, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marco Battaglini, 2005.
"Long-Term Contracting with Markovian Consumers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 637-658, June.
- Gershkov, Alex & Moldovanu, Benny, 2010. "Efficient sequential assignment with incomplete information," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 144-154, January.
- Péter Eső & Balázs Szentes, 2007. "Optimal Information Disclosure in Auctions and the Handicap Auction," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 74(3), pages 705-731.
- Said, Maher, 2012.
"Auctions with dynamic populations: Efficiency and revenue maximization,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 147(6), pages 2419-2438.
- Said, Maher, 2008. "Auctions with Dynamic Populations: Efficiency and Revenue Maximization," MPRA Paper 11456, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alex Gershkov & Benny Moldovanu, 2009. "Learning about the Future and Dynamic Efficiency," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(4), pages 1576-1587, September.
- Pascal Courty & Li Hao, 2000.
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 67(4), pages 697-717.
- Yossi Aviv & Amit Pazgal, 2008. "Optimal Pricing of Seasonal Products in the Presence of Forward-Looking Consumers," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 10(3), pages 339-359, December.
- Simon Board, 2008. "Durable-Goods Monopoly with Varying Demand," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 75(2), pages 391-413.
- Alex Gershkov & Benny Moldovanu, 2009. "Dynamic Revenue Maximization with Heterogeneous Objects: A Mechanism Design Approach," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 1(2), pages 168-198, August.
- Baron, David P. & Besanko, David, 1984. "Regulation and information in a continuing relationship," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 267-302.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cla:levarc:661465000000000111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David K. Levine)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.