Ungrateful children: migration intensity and remittances in Nepal
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1988.
"Risk, Implicit Contracts and the Family in Rural Areas of Low-income Countries,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1148-1170, December.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R., 1986. "Risk, Implicit Contracts and the Family in Rural Areas of Low-Income Countries," Bulletins 7518, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Stark, Oded & Levhari, David, 1982. "On Migration and Risk in LDCs," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(1), pages 191-196, October.
- Kai A. Konrad & Harald Künemund & Kjell Erik Lommerud & Julio R. Robledo, 2002.
"Geography of the Family,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 981-998, September.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Künemund, Harald & Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Robledo, Julio R, 1999. "Geography of the Family," CEPR Discussion Papers 2312, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Künemund, Harald & Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Robledo, Julio R., 2001.
"Geography of the family
[Die Geographie der Familie]," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance FS IV 01-16, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Konrad, K.A. & Junemund, H. & Lommerud, K.E. & Robledo, J.R., 2000. "Geography of the Family," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 2499, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Magnus Hatlebakk, 2007. "LSMS Data Quality in Maoist Influenced Areas of Nepal," CMI Working Papers 6, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Warr, Peter G., 1983. "The private provision of a public good is independent of the distribution of income," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 207-211.
- Rapoport, Hillel & Docquier, Frederic, 2006. "The Economics of Migrants' Remittances," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Bergstrom, Theodore & Blume, Lawrence & Varian, Hal, 1986. "On the private provision of public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-49, February.
- Oded Stark, 2009. "Reasons for Remitting," World Economics, World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 10(3), pages 147-158, July.
- Hillel Rapoport & Frederic Docquier, 1998.
"Are migrant minorities strategically self-selected?,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 11(4), pages 579-588.
- Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 1998. "Are migrant minorities strategically self-selected?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/230712, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1988. "Risk, Private Information, and the Family," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 245-250, May.
- Magnus Hatlebakk, 2010. "Maoist Control and Level of Civil Conflict in Nepal," South Asia Economic Journal, Institute of Policy Studies of Sri Lanka, vol. 11(1), pages 99-110, March.
- Funkhouser, Edward, 1995. "Remittances from International Migration: A Comparison of El Salvador and Nicaragua," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(1), pages 137-146, February.
- Maëlys De La Rupelle & Deng Quheng & Li Shi & Thomas Vendryes, 2009.
"Land rights insecurity and temporary migration in rural China,"
PSE Working Papers
- de la Rupelle, Maëlys & Quheng, Deng & Li, Shi & Vendryes, Thomas, 2009. "Land Rights Insecurity and Temporary Migration in Rural China," IZA Discussion Papers 4668, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Maëlys De La Rupelle & Deng Quheng & Li Shi & Thomas Vendryes, 2009. "Land rights insecurity and temporary migration in rural China," Working Papers halshs-00575041, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsRemittances; migration; fertility; poverty;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chm:wpaper:wp2014-8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Sjursen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cmiiino.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.