What Affects the Predictions of Private Forecasters? The Role of Central Bank Forecasts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Hubert, 2015.
"Do Central Bank Forecasts Influence Private Agents? Forecasting Performance versus Signals,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 47(4), pages 771-789, June.
- Paul Hubert, 2009. "Informational Advantage and Influence of Communicating Central Banks," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2009-04, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Paul Hubert, 2011. "Do central banks forecast influence private agents ? Forecasting performance vs. signals," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2011-20, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Engelberg, Joseph & Manski, Charles F. & Williams, Jared, 2009.
"Comparing the Point Predictions and Subjective Probability Distributions of Professional Forecasters,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 27, pages 30-41.
- Joseph Engelberg & Charles F. Manski & Jared Williams, 2006. "Comparing the Point Predictions and Subjective Probability Distributions of Professional Forecasters," NBER Working Papers 11978, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Pedersen, 2013.
"Extracting GDP signals from the monthly indicator of economic activity: Evidence from Chilean real-time data,"
OECD Journal: Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis,
OECD Publishing, Centre for International Research on Economic Tendency Surveys, vol. 2013(1), pages 1-16.
- Michael Pedersen, 2010. "Extracting GDP Signals From the Monthly Indicator of Economic Activity: Evidence From Chilean Real-Time Data," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 595, Central Bank of Chile.
- Fujiwara, Ippei, 2005. "Is the central bank's publication of economic forecasts influential?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 255-261, December.
- Jakob de Haan & David-Jan Jansen, 2007.
"The Importance of Being Vigilant: Has ECB Communication Influenced Euro Area Inflation Expectations?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2134, CESifo Group Munich.
- David-Jan Jansen & Jakob de Haan, 2007. "The Importance of Being Vigilant: Has ECB Communication Influenced Euro Area Inflation Expectations?," DNB Working Papers 148, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Michael Pedersen, 2010. "Una nota introductoria a la encuesta de Expectativas Económicas," Economic Statistics Series 82, Central Bank of Chile.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carlos Medel, 2017.
"Forecasting Chilean inflation with the hybrid new keynesian Phillips curve: globalisation, combination, and accuracy,"
Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy),
Central Bank of Chile, vol. 20(3), pages 004-050, December.
- Carlos Medel, 2016. "Forecasting Chilean Inflation with the Hybrid New Keynesian Phillips Curve: Globalisation, Combination, and Accuracy," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 791, Central Bank of Chile.
- Medel, Carlos A., 2017. "Forecasting Chilean Inflation with the Hybrid New Keynesian Phillips Curve: Globalisation, Combination, and Accuracy," MPRA Paper 78439, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chb:bcchwp:686. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Sepulveda). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bccgvcl.html .