Flexible Exchange Rate Regime and Forex Interventions: The Chilean Case
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jose De Gregorio & Andrea Tokman R., 2004. "Overcoming Fear of Floating: Exchange Rate Policies in Chile," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 302, Central Bank of Chile.
- Christopher J. Neely, 2001.
"The practice of central bank intervention: looking under the hood,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 1-10.
- Christopher J. Neely, 2000. "The practice of central bank intervention: looking under the hood," Working Papers 2000-028, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Mark P. Taylor & Lucio Sarno, 2001.
"Official Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market: Is It Effective and, If So, How Does It Work?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 39(3), pages 839-868, September.
- Sarno, Lucio & Taylor, Mark P, 2001. "Official Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market: Is It Effective, and, If So, How Does It Work?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2690, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David-Jan Jansen & Jakob de Haan, 2003.
"Statements of ECB Officials and their Effect on the Level and Volatility of the Euro-Dollar Exchange Rate,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
927, CESifo Group Munich.
- D. Jansen & J. de Haan, 2003. "Statements of ECB Officials and their Effect on the Level and Volatility of the Euro-Dollar Exchange Rate," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 726, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Ramana Ramaswamy & Hossein Samiei, 2000. "The Yen-Dollar Rate; Have Interventions Mattered?," IMF Working Papers 00/95, International Monetary Fund.
- Dominguez, Kathryn M & Frankel, Jeffrey A, 1993. "Does Foreign-Exchange Intervention Matter? The Portfolio Effect," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1356-1369, December.
- Amartya Lahiri & Carlos A. Végh, 2002.
"Living with the Fear of Floating: An Optimal Policy Perspective,"
NBER Chapters,in: Preventing Currency Crises in Emerging Markets, pages 663-704
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amartya Lahiri & Carlos A. Vegh, 2001. "Living with the Fear of Floating: An Optimal Policy Perspective," NBER Working Papers 8391, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus & Tapia, Matias, 2002. "Inflation targeting in Chile," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 125-146, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pablo Pincheira, 2013.
"Interventions and Inflation Expectations in an Inflation Targeting Economy,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
693, Central Bank of Chile.
- Pablo Pincheira, 2013. "Interventions and inflation expectations in an inflation targeting economy," BIS Working Papers 427, Bank for International Settlements.
- Arturo Lorenzo-Valdés & Antonio Ruiz-Porras, 2012. "Los rendimientos cambiarios latinoamericanos y la (a)simetría de los shocks informacionales: un análisis econométrico," Ensayos Revista de Economia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(2), pages 87-113, November.
- Yi Wu, 2013. "What Explains Movements in the Peso/Dollar Exchange Rate?," IMF Working Papers 13/171, International Monetary Fund.
- Chayawadee Chai-anant & Runchana Pongsaparn & Kessarin Tansuwanarat, 2008. "Roles of Exchange Rate in Monetary Policy under Inflation Targeting: A Case Study for Thailand," Working Papers 2008-03, Monetary Policy Group, Bank of Thailand.
- Sebastián Claro & Claudio Soto, 2013. "Exchange rate policy and exchange rate interventions: the Chilean experience," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Sovereign risk: a world without risk-free assets?, volume 73, pages 81-93 Bank for International Settlements.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2006.
"The Relationship Between Exchange Rates and Inflation Targeting Revisited,"
NBER Working Papers
12163, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2006. "The Relationship Between Exchange Rates and Inflation Targeting Revisited," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 409, Central Bank of Chile.
- Sebastián Edwards, 2007. "The Relationship between Exchange Rates and Inflation Targeting Revisited," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Frederic S. Miskin & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Se (ed.), Monetary Policy under Inflation Targeting, edition 1, volume 11, chapter 10, pages 373-413 Central Bank of Chile.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-12-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2004-12-20 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FIN-2004-12-20 (Finance)
- NEP-FIN-2004-12-22 (Finance)
- NEP-IFN-2004-12-20 (International Finance)
- NEP-LAM-2004-12-20 (Central & South America)
- NEP-MON-2004-12-20 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chb:bcchep:11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Sepulveda). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bccgvcl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.