Pioneering Modern Corporate Governance: a View from London in 1900 (Subsequently published in "Enterprise and Society", vol. 8, no. 3, September 2007, pp. 642-86. )
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Wardley, 1999. "The Emergence of Big Business: The Largest Corporate Employers of Labour in the United Kingdom, Germany and the United States c. 1907," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(4), pages 88-116.
- Luigi Zingales, 1995. "Insider Ownership and the Decision to Go Public," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(3), pages 425-448.
- Landes, David S., 1949. "French Entrepreneurship and Industrial Growth in the Nineteenth Century," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 45-61, May.
- Tufano, Peter, 1997. "Business Failure, Judicial Intervention, and Financial Innovation: Restructuring U.S. Railroads in the Nineteenth Century," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 71(01), pages 1-40, March.
- Whittington, Richard & Mayer, Michael, 2000. "The European Corporation: Strategy, Structure, and Social Science," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199242085.
- Lance Davis, 1966. "The Capital Markets and Industrial Concentration: The U.S. and U.K., a Comparative Study," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 19(2), pages 255-272, August.
- Armando Gomes, 2000. "Going Public without Governance: Managerial Reputation Effects," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(2), pages 615-646, April.
- Brian Cheffins, 2004. "Mergers and the Evolution of Patterns of Corporate Ownership and Control: The British Experience," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(2), pages 256-284.
- Naomi R. Lamoreaux, 2005. "Legal Regime and Contractual Flexibility: A Comparison of Business's Organizational Choices in France and the United States during the Era of Industrialization," American Law and Economics Review, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(1), pages 28-61.
- Caroline Fohlin, 2001. "The Balancing Act of German Universal Banks and English Deposit Banks, 1880-1913," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(1), pages 1-24.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cfi:fseres:cf093. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/catokjp.html .