Gender Empowerment, Supply-Chain Linkages and Foreign Direct Investment: Evidence on Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Zhihong & Ge, Ying & Lai, Huiwen & Wan, Chi, 2013. "Globalization and Gender Wage Inequality in China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 256-266.
- Rasmané Ouedraogo & Elodie Marlet, 2018. "Foreign Direct Investment and Women Empowerment: New Evidence on Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 2018/025, International Monetary Fund.
- Rasmané Ouedraogo & Elodie Marlet, 2018. "Foreign Direct Investment and Women Empowerment: New Evidence on Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 18/25, International Monetary Fund.
- Beata S. Javorcik, 2015. "Does FDI Bring Good Jobs to Host Countries?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 30(1), pages 74-94.
- Remco H. Oostendorp, 2009. "Globalization and the Gender Wage Gap," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 23(1), pages 141-161, January.
- KODAMA Naomi & Beata S. JAVORCIK & ABE Yukiko, 2016. "Transplanting Corporate Culture across International Borders: FDI and female employment in Japan," Discussion papers 16015, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Thomas Farole & Yoonyoung Cho & Laurent Bossavie & Reyes Aterido, 2017. "Bangladesh Jobs Diagnostic," World Bank Other Operational Studies 28498, The World Bank.
- Naomi Kodama & Beata S. Javorcik & Yukiko Abe, 2018. "Transplanting corporate culture across international borders: Foreign direct investment and female employment in Japan," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(5), pages 1148-1165, May.
- Heath, Rachel & Mushfiq Mobarak, A., 2015.
"Manufacturing growth and the lives of Bangladeshi women,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 1-15.
- Rachel Heath & A. Mushfiq Mobarak, 2014. "Manufacturing Growth and the Lives of Bangladeshi Women," NBER Working Papers 20383, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heath, Rachel & Mobarak, Ahmed Mushfiq, 2014. "Manufacturing Growth and the Lives of Bangladeshi Women," IZA Discussion Papers 8483, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bossavie,Laurent Loic Yves & Cho,Yoonyoung & Heath,Rachel, 2019.
"The Effects of International Scrutiny on Manufacturing Workers : Evidence from the Rana Plaza Collapse in Bangladesh,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
9065, The World Bank.
- Bossavie, Laurent & Cho, Yoon Y. & Heath, Rachel, 2020. "The Effects of International Scrutiny on Manufacturing Workers: Evidence from the Rana Plaza Collapse in Bangladesh," IZA Discussion Papers 13782, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kee, Hiau Looi, 2015.
"Local intermediate inputs and the shared supplier spillovers of foreign direct investment,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 56-71.
- Kee,Hiau Looi & Kee,Hiau Looi, 2014. "Local intermediate inputs and the shared supplier spillovers of foreign direct investment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7050, The World Bank.
- Havranek, Tomas & Irsova, Zuzana, 2011. "Estimating vertical spillovers from FDI: Why results vary and what the true effect is," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 234-244.
More about this item
Keywordsforeign direct investment; women; female labor force participation; supply chain linkages; Bangladesh;
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F20 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - General
- F60 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - General
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-GEN-2020-10-05 (Gender)
- NEP-HME-2020-10-05 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-INT-2020-10-05 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_8538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.