Public Policy Towards Offshore Oil Spills
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Polinsky, A. Mitchell & Shavell, Steven, 2014.
"Costly litigation and optimal damages,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 86-89.
- A. Mitchell Polinsky & Steven Shavell, 2012. "Costly Litigation and Optimal Damages," NBER Working Papers 18594, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- A. Mitchell Polinsky & Steven Shavell, 2012. "Costly Litigation and Optimal Damages," Discussion Papers 12-005, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Viscusi, W. Kip & Zeckhauser, Richard J., 2011.
"Deterring and Compensating Oil Spill Catastrophes: The Need for Strict and Two-Tier Liability,"
Working Paper Series
rwp11-025, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Kip, Viscusi, W. & Zeckhauser, Richard Jay, 2011. "Deterring and Compensating Oil Spill Catastrophes: The Need for Strict and Two-Tier Liablility," Scholarly Articles 5027954, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Christy Siegel & Steven B. Caudill & Franklin G. Mixon, 2013. "Clear skies, dark waters: The Gulf oil spill and the price of coastal condominiums in Alabama," Economics and Business Letters, Oviedo University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 42-53.
- Muehlenbachs, Lucija & Cohen, Mark A. & Gerarden, Todd, 2013. "The impact of water depth on safety and environmental performance in offshore oil and gas production," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 699-705.
More about this item
Keywordspublic policy; oil spills; catastrophe;
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- H00 - Public Economics - - General - - - General
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_6584. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .