Capital Controls and Exchange Rate Regimes: An Empirical Investigation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1985. "The Optimal Degree of Commitment to an Intermediate Monetary Target," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(4), pages 1169-1189.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1996.
"Models of currency crises with self-fulfilling features,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 1037-1047, April.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1995. "Models of Currency Crises with Self-Fulfilling Features," NBER Working Papers 5285, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1996. "Models of Currency Crises with Self-fulfilling Features," CEPR Discussion Papers 1315, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2001. "Capital Mobility and Economic Performance: Are Emerging Economies Different?," NBER Working Papers 8076, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vittorio Grilli & Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, 1995.
"Economic Effects and Structural Determinants of Capital Controls,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(3), pages 517-551, September.
- Vittorio Grilli & Gian M Milesi-Ferretti, 1995. "Economic Effects and Structural Determinants of Capital Controls," IMF Working Papers 95/31, International Monetary Fund.
- Bartolini, Leonardo & Drazen, Allan, 1997.
"When liberal policies reflect external shocks, what do we learn?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3-4), pages 249-273, May.
- Leonardo Bartolini & Allan Drazen, 1996. "When Liberal Policies Reflect External Shocks, What Do We Learn?," NBER Working Papers 5727, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leonardo Bartolini & Allan Drazen, 1996. "When liberal policies reflect external shocks, what do we learn?," Staff Reports 18, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Michael P. Dooley, 1995.
"A Survey of Academic Literature on Controls over International Capital Transactions,"
NBER Working Papers
5352, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael P. Dooley, 1995. "A Survey of Academic Literatureon Controls Over International Capital Transactions," IMF Working Papers 95/127, International Monetary Fund.
- Beck, Thorsten & Clarke, George & Groff, Alberto & Keefer, Philip & Walsh, Patrick, 2000. "New tools and new tests in comparative political economy - the database of political institutions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2283, The World Bank.
- Flood, Robert & Marion, Nancy, 1999.
"Perspectives on the Recent Currency Crisis Literature,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Robert Flood & Nancy Marion, 1998. "Perspectives on the Recent Currency Crisis Literature," NBER Working Papers 6380, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nancy P. Marion & Robert P Flood, 1998. "Perspectiveson the Recent Currency Crisis Literature," IMF Working Papers 98/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Berger, Helge & Jensen, Henrik & Schjelderup, Guttorm, 2001.
"To peg or not to peg?: A simple model of exchange rate regime choice in small economies,"
Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 161-167, November.
- Helge Berger & Henrik Jensen & Guttorm Schjelderup, 2001. "To Peg or Not To Peg? A Simple Model of Exchange Rate Regime Choice In Small Economies," CESifo Working Paper Series 468, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alberto Alesina & Vittorio Grilli & Gian Maria Milesi-Ferrett, 1993. "The Political Economy of Capital Controls," NBER Working Papers 4353, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1999. "How Effective Are Capital Controls?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 65-84, Fall.
- Lemmen, J.J.G. & Eijffinger, S.C.W., 1995.
"The fundamental determinants of financial integration in the European Union,"
1995-117, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Lemmen, J.J.G. & Eijffinger, S.C.W., 1996. "The Fundamental Determinants of Financial Integration in the European Union," Other publications TiSEM b994dede-d928-4b3b-bf51-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Barry J. Eichengreen & Inci Ötker & A. Javier Hamann & Esteban Jadresic & R. B. Johnston & Hugh Bredenkamp & Paul R Masson, 1998. "Exit Strategies; Policy Options for Countries Seeking Exchange Rate Flexibility," IMF Occasional Papers 168, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:91:y:1997:i:03:p:531-551_21 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Berg & Paolo Mauro & Michael Mussa & Alexander K. Swoboda & Esteban Jadresic & Paul R Masson, 2000. "Exchange Rate Regimes in an Increasingly Integrated World Economy," IMF Occasional Papers 193, International Monetary Fund.
- Collins, Susan M., 1996. "On becoming more flexible: Exchange rate regimes in Latin America and the Caribbean," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 117-138, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jurgen Von Hagen & Jizhong Zhou, 2008.
"The interaction between capital controls and exchange rate regimes: evidence from developing countries,"
International Economic Journal,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 163-185.
- von Hagen, Jürgen & Zhou, Jizhong, 2006. "The Interaction Between Capital Controls and Exchange Rate Regimes: Evidence from Developing Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 5537, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- von Hagen, Jurgen & Zhou, Jizhong, 2005.
"The determination of capital controls: Which role do exchange rate regimes play?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 227-248, January.
- von Hagen, Jürgen & Zhou, Jizhong, 2003. "The determination of capital controls: Which role do exchange rate regimes play?," ZEI Working Papers B 08-2003, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- KAFANDO, Namalguebzanga, 2014.
"L'industrialisation de l'Afrique: l'importance des facteurs structurels et du régime de change
[The industrialization of Africa: the importance of structural factors and exchange rate regime]," MPRA Paper 68736, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary policy; exchange rates; capital controls;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_433. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.